Looking for solutions to my tag that is cracked in three places???

Greenbean

Registered
So I notice while cleaning Pegasus/Shaniqua whatever I wanna call her that my dang tag is cracked just under each bolt hole and up part of center from the lower edge.

I know we love pics here so I snapped one for ya!

I don't wanna install a complete tag bracket but am hoping maybe some rubber or neoprene washers will cure this. I like the tag bracket I got off of Ebay back in 2008 and I have a nice led to make me NC State Inspection compliant!

You guys run into this with your Busas?

091511130542.jpg

Last edited:
My tag has been damaged in a similar way since '07. I've never touched it. It's still there.

Hmmm...must be a Carolinas thing. Someone up there needs to teach your prison inmates how to make a stronger license plate!

What about getting a thin piece of plexi-glass and cut out a shape just smaller than the plate. Then glue the plate to the plexi-glass and remount. This will provide some structural integrity for the plate, and still allow you to mount it the way it was. Lastly, you could order a new one, not sure how much they cost to replace though.

You could always take the advice of Tekken and either move from NC, or become a teacher to the inmates on how to make a license plate.

go to the DMV bring you registration and tell them that your plate was stolen for a parking lot and they'll issue you a new one. i've done it.

Free or under cost to me???

I like the idea of gluing plexiglass under it to give ot some strength,

I know a duplicate is 15.00,

I just don't wanne get pulled AGAIN and find out my tag is gone...

I can' believe there is that much turbulence or vibration back there that its weaing out the tag itself.

I like the prison teacher post, :O

Mine cracked as well. I took a piece of aluminum and cut it the same size as the tag and used it as a backer. I guess the wind made it vibrate alot and it finally cracked.

Our inmates here in CO are better. 43k miles and no probs with mine. I have the stock fender removed, and the plate mounted with a cheap bracket in it's place.

Get a new tag and glue the plexiglass, that way will look good and you have some strength.

I'd bring it in and ask for a replacement tag......for free. Explain that you don't wish to alter it in anyway, but if nothing is done it will eventually fall off. None caused by anything that was your fault.

I would NOT place anything over the front of it. That could be construed by some asshat cop as obscuring something somehow. I know I know it shouldn't but..........

ran into the same problem last year. my tag started tearing horizontally across the center. found some stuff called "automotive goop" at advance. its tacky at first, but dries very hard. have put about 10k miles since i "fixed" it and no problems. best fix imo

41VbDrYVXwL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I may try that. Thanks for the info.

I tried a few rubber washers between flat washers and tag bracket. Got to church this morning and my tag was hanging by one bolt. :O

Thanks the Lord for zip ties to get me home.

Dad said he had a kawi that ate plates. Finally he bolted his new plate on top of his old plate for strength and never had a problem again... (back when you got new plates every year instead of just stickers)

I just zip tied mine, like a wallet with a chain.

go to the DMV bring you registration and tell them that your plate was stolen for a parking lot and they'll issue you a new one. i've done it.

Why not just tell them the truth about it breaking? I see trucks all the time that have damaged tags from backing up to trailers, so I would think the tag office has some procedure in place for it.

SKECHE, I just noticed you're from Houma. That's some beautiful country down in SE Louisiana! :beerchug:

I ended up scoring a Competition Werkes tag bracket for a Gen 2 Busa on ebay shipped for 42 dollars, Can't beat that.

I got it installed today and man it's a nice unit indeed. I can certainly see why retail is like 90.

Solid Stainless construction. LED light included, four tag bolts with nylon lock nuts and two allen head bolts that secure the tag to the frame, All stainless also. It's a nice unit. And with four tag bolt holes my tag should be nice and secure. I also took a picture of the underside as it fits perfectly with the end of the tail section itself. Someone was doing their homework when they designed this one guys.

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTEwOTI2LTAwMTE2LmpwZw.jpg

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTEwOTI2LTAwMTE3LmpwZw.jpg

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTEwOTI2LTAwMTE4LmpwZw.jpg

Back