Gen2 No-Cost Fender Eliminator/ Tag Bracket Tutorial

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Ok Another slow day at ACT. This seems to come up alot.
'What tag bracket / fender eliminator' are you using ?

I know this exists in the depths of the search and even in google under
'Free Hayabusa Tag Bracket/ Eliminator' but I decided to show it again .
I only found this after countless hours of surfing Ebay and all the other sites trying to find one I liked.
At like 2am I stumbled across this and by 2:30am I was done.
So I'm threading it to hopefully save you as much time/headache as I wasted.

Only had to order LED which I have linked and depicted.
Again I searched and searched looking for an LED I thought would work and be almost invisible. After a long time I found this one.
So again I'll save you the trouble.
Total cost $5.95 plus shipping for LED all other things you already have on your bike !

The brackets from your rear reflectors can be used to do this.
Also you need two small screws the same thread pitch as the holes left when you remove the rear fender.
I place two washers on top of the homemade brackets to space them down a bit so as to not touch tailpiece on bottom.

So let's go:

Link for LED. The place is called SuperBright LEDs
Accent Light Module Specifications
This is exact one I got : ALM-Ox-W4White
4LED_ALM_dimm_mm.jpg

You need to take off rear reflectors if you have not already done so.
Remove reflectors from the brackets. You will need to drill a new hole in each one so holes in plate align up correctly.
This can be done after you screw the brackets up to tailpiece so you can line them up correctly.
You can see the new holes on the outside of each bracket below.
TAGBRACKET001.jpg

So you take your brackets and put screws thru them and stack two small washers on top of bracket to space them down a bit.
Like this..
TAGBRACKET005.jpg

Once you do that take them and screw them up and into the two holes left open when you removed the fender. Leave them loose.
You are only mounting them so you can line up plate to drill new holes.
You will also need to round off the edges of the brackets a bit with a pair if shears or a grinder so they dont stick out and are visible.
Like this..
TAGBRACKET007.jpg

Here is a pic of them mounted with new holes drilled..
TAGBRACKET009.jpg

Here is a pic with plate mounted into newly drilled holes..
After this your done as far as the plate goes. Once you get it all aligned drilled and mounted remove it for LED install.
Leave plate attached to brackets and simply unscrew the two screws removing whole unit.
TAGBRACKET014.jpg

Ok so now lets look at the LED. Pic and link is above.
My fender is already gone but dont worry as its easy to remove. (4 screws)
When you remove it the two wires for the original tag light will come out with it. Pull them out just a bit and cut them.
Now take your newly ordered LED and connect the wires.
DO NOT HAVE KEY ON WHEN YOU ARE CONNECTING THE WIRES OR YOU WILL POSSIBLY POP A FUSE.
Once connected use the piece of double sided tape that comes with LED and stick it to bottom of your tailight like this.
Be sure to use the alcohol wipe that also comes with it to prep the surface.
TAGBRACKET002.jpg

Take the extra length of wires and feed it back up into tailpiece thru the hole on left side of tail.
Like this..
TAGBRACKET003.jpg

After LED install flip key on and check for operation.
If it works then screw your new bracket with plate still attached right back up and your done.. easy 20 minutes tops..

Here is a pic of LED lit up..
Hayabusa023.jpg

You may notice the marks left from the tag bracket on my tailpiece.
Again I tell you to stack the two washers on the brackets to move it down a bit so this does not happen to your bike.
I only discovered these after my original install.
After they were there nothing I can do but I can tell you how to do it correctly now so you dont wind up scratching your paint.

:welcome:

No problem. Happy to help
Just grab both brackets and plate from rear and tweak it out a bit more to give it a better look maybe ?
Too straight now . Needs to flow more .
:beerchug:

not bad!

Though the parking/brake light seem to be enough to illuminate my plate

Thank you Dj .
Florida maybe is just a bit more picky ?
I did not put LED on at first and just left it alone but a PBSO friend of mine told me if they can't see your plate well enough it is a reason to stop you and 'check' everything else .
I just don't need to run into anymore cops who may wanna cause probs.
Also there is alot more Grannies down here and after seeing the thread about why you should be vigilant at lights as well as having been run over myself I'm thinking about mounting another 35w HID on there :laugh:
Park your bike outside and walk away from it . Without hitting brakes to light it up it is pretty dull .
Just wanna be seen from both ends is all ...:beerchug:

Last edited:
Nice Blanca I've got mine the same way only reversed but I thimk I'm going to switch them to your way so the tag will be more visible:thumbsup:

So not sure if anyone has done this before... But heres what I did...

I followed most of the guide, but made my own little modification...

First off, the rear reflector brackets for you guys... do they have two holes or three? Because from the pics in here, it looks as if they only have two, correct? My 08 had three holes, the third being kind of close to where the extra hole was drilled in the guide...

So what I did, is I took a dremmel, and cut out the metal between the holes, so I had a slot similar to the licence plate bracket... Then i mounted them in reverse of the guide, so that they were pointing inwards. After that, I took the existing license plate bracket off the fender, and mounted it on the modified reflector brackets. This brings the plate back an inch and a half or so, right up under the tail light. It also gives it a small tilt. I think it looks and works real good. Will post pics tonight hopefully.

On the same website Blanca posted with the tag light, there is a brake light modulator that flashes LED lights, there are three versions. I want the one that flashes for 3 seconds, then 2 seconds, then steady. I am liking the options so far. Would be an awesome safety device. UncleSteves bike would mesmerize you when he stopped. Real attention getter. http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-...2Disp=/truck_lights.htm#strobemods#strobemods

Back