Looking for George..

I'll trade you a bunch of our scorpions for a tarantula! George has gotta have some friends around somewhere.

Last edited:
How long has he been around? I wouldn't be able to kill him either...I'd likely lose some sleep just thinking about him, but I'd love to let him live out his days as long as he puts his shoes by the back door, wipes his feet before he comes in :laugh:

How long do they live?

Tarantulas may live for many years. Most species require 10 years to mature to adults. Females kept in captivity have been known to live more than 25 years and have survived on water alone for 2 1/2 years. Females continue to moult after reaching maturity and, therefore, are able to regenerate lost legs. Males live for only one year or less after maturity. A tarantula can be kept as a house pet. A terrarium (an empty aquarium) with a sandy bottom provides an ideal habitat. Tarantulas can be fed live crickets or other insects.

Spiderzrule

Well, this answers the question. George is a girl! :laugh:

George has been here for five or six years that I know of Michelle. I would be lost without him. (or her)

r8

Tarantulas may live for many years. Most species require 10 years to mature to adults. Females kept in captivity have been known to live more than 25 years and have survived on water alone for 2 1/2 years. Females continue to moult after reaching maturity and, therefore, are able to regenerate lost legs. Males live for only one year or less after maturity. A tarantula can be kept as a house pet. A terrarium (an empty aquarium) with a sandy bottom provides an ideal habitat. Tarantulas can be fed live crickets or other insects.

Spiderzrule

Well, this answers the question. George is a girl! :laugh:

George has been here for five or six years that I know of Michelle. I would be lost without him. (or her)

r8

Thanks for the info "National Geographic r8" :p SHE looks like a pretty low maintenance pet :thumbsup:

I'll trade you a bunch of our scorpions for a tarantula! George has gotta have some friends around somewhere.

Don't need them thank you. In my garage a while back.

r8

009-4.jpg

Back