Looking for a Map

crepitus

Registered
I know that the best thing to do is bring it to a tuner but i am not looking for every last bit of horsepower out of it just a little better throttle control. i read somewhere that people make maps based on your mods without having to bring the bike anywhere. is this true? can anyone here hook me up?

There is not a universal map for bikes. To get the most out of your bike it will need tuned. Whats good for one bike might not be good for the next.

If you're looking for better throttle control, smoother power band, and stuff like that then the last thing I would do is go sticking maps in your bike. You need to get it tuned by someone that has tuning link software. That way you don't have someone spending 4+ hours running the **** out of your bike.

Throttle control has nothing to do with a map it has to do with that right hand of yours that is on the throttle. Yes people make maps based on your mods they are called tuners and most of them are not going to give you a map you are going to have to pay $$$ for them as most do. Now if you have a PC III USB you can go to Dyno jets site and see if they have a generic map for you pipe and load that. If you decide to take your bike to a tuner make sure that they are a good one and not just some rookie because they can mess stuff up pretty bad if they do not know what they are doing.
beerchug.gif

Not bad Ted; what a lot of guys don't know is you can put in one of Dynojets generic maps and bike will run ok but the next guy on a identical bike with a custom dyno map done will make more power and bike will be more responsive

Back