Looking at the "Hayabusa"

blkbeltony

Registered
Hi all, I'm new to the forum and looking to buy a "busa". I would like to know how long can you ride the bike and still be able to walk when you get off?

Hi all, I'm new to the forum and looking to buy a "busa". I would like to know how long can you ride the bike and still be able to walk when you get off?

Well I know theres guys on here that have gone alot farther, But I have ridden for about 4 hrs only stopping for gas and not getting off the bike and felt fine when I got off.

I also have a Tobin seat which probably helps

Like Demmym said other people on here have gone days and miles.

I have the stock everything on my K8 and can go for about 2 hrs without putting my feet down once. Around the 2hr mark, I get a little fidgety. I'm sure if I had one of those awesome upgraded seats and rode the bike much more often, like I would like, I could do longer.

Just have to build up stamina over time.

if sleepless red dimes in, he can tell you all about it....:thumbsup: that man puts some miles on a bike. For me, i've riden about 9 hours with my wife only stopping to get gas, eat and take pics...felt fine, just got to stretch out everyonce in a while

I have done 8 hrs day stopping for fuel and food, and still felt fine and ready to ride the next day. A person's physical build, condition and age has a lot to do with their comfort. Sit on one and sit on the RR's and the Sport Tourers out there. You will probably find the seating geometry of the Busa and ZX14 some where in between the RR's and the ST's.

Quite a few comfort mods to help the Busa get closer into the Touring position for those who do heavy miles and long hours every day or weekend. but I doubt you ever get to where the ST's are at.

:welcome:
The most I ride has been around 12 hours, with some stopping for gas and food. It all depends on your level of confort and endurance, but that you can build with time. Seat upgrade helps too.

I am a feeble old man and have done 5 hours with only fuel and bladders stops and could still walk fine.

Several of us have done multi 1,000 mile days, so, how far you can go will depend on how much you ride :thumbsup:

Took the Busa on the IBA SaddleSore 1000 (1000 miles in under 24 hours).......just a teeny bit stiff but still good :)

depends on you brother, there are many folks that will ride 10+ hours on a stock, or mild modified bike. Seats, lower pegs ect... Busa's are about as comfy as you can get from a full fairing bike that will peel your face off when you twist the throttle:thumbsup:

Well, given the lousy fuel economy I get out of my Busa, I can't ride for much more than 2 hours without having to stop at a gas station! But I don't enjoy riding for more than 2 hours at a time anyway. - I need a break from the noise/wind/speed. It's hard to concentrate on high speed riding for hours at a time.

For me I can go about six hours with Gel seat and stock pegs. I tried to do a ride from Coeur d'alene Idaho to Seattle Washington on one of the first rides of the season and was a little sorry. My bike reminded me I had got out of shape over the winter. But I still made it. Plus I find it hard to concentrate after 6 hours and I don't think I am being safe when I ride that long. This bike can get way from you if you let your attention drift too much.

:welcome:

Here's the longest ride I've ever done. I only have Corbin seat and Helibars for added comfort.
First pic was taken Sunday morning just before I left. Second pic was taken Monday morning when I got home. 1144 miles total in a little over 21 hours.

I've done quite a few 500+ mile rides in one day and still smiling at the end of the day. Yessssssss!!!! Hayabusa is one AWESOME machine!!!:thumbsup::beerchug:

1000 mile ride 006.jpg

1000 mile ride 349.jpg

Last edited:
One time I rode for 3+ hours straight , got off for a head break and filled the tank, then rode back home. Was a little sore after 6+ hours of riding with only a 10 minute break in between, but not bad at all. I would not have been able to do that on my previous bike thats for sure (CBR1000RR).

Well, given the lousy fuel economy I get out of my Busa, I can't ride for much more than 2 hours without having to stop at a gas station! But I don't enjoy riding for more than 2 hours at a time anyway. - I need a break from the noise/wind/speed. It's hard to concentrate on high speed riding for hours at a time.

:thumbsup:

ear plugs helps a lot!:thumbsup:

Back