Looking advice on lightweight batteries

Ballistic (out of the battery business, I wonder why), Shorai, Anti Gravity and the rest are NOT circuit protected
like the Full Spectrum line is. A Full Spectrum lithium will never go dead (and be ruined!), and it can never be overcharged. They don't melt, explode, or catch fire.

Did you even watch the video? Jackass said he left it sit for months. Probably had aftermarket stuff hooked up and it created a parasitic drain on the battery.

So instead of disconnecting the battery while in storage or keeping it on a tender he let it go dead. Then had the bright idea to jump start a dead lithium battery!?!? Now he’s on YouTube acting like every single action that occurred in this chain of events isn’t his fault......

Original post asked what batteries we run. I’ve been running the same Ballistic 12 cell battery for the past 5+ years and umpteen thousands of miles with zero issues. Maybe I got lucky maybe mine just happens to be 1 of the few good 1’s. Or maybe I just know how to read and properly follow directions........ You can bash or plug whatever brand you want to sell etc but let’s not create a false narrative.

Had no trouble with my Shorai , but I did invest in their own charger , so I am staying with this battery for this bike . I would like a one of them Spectrums for my next Busa however .
Years ago my Shorai died within the warranty period. I called them and they next-day shipped me a replacement with a prepaid return label. When UPS arrived I unpacked it, stuck the dead one in, and he took the package with him. That battery has been through a couple bike and is sitting on the floor in my shop at 13.3 volts after being charged early this winter. I'm going to put it in my little buddy's 4-wheeler when he gets it out of storarge.

Had no trouble with my Shorai , but I did invest in their own charger , so I am staying with this battery for this bike . I would like a one of them Spectrums for my next Busa however .
How long have you had yours toad? I bought one in April of 2016 and it was dead in a couple of months. A quick call to the friendly girl at shorai and she said these batteries could not sit for several weeks on a bike with alarm and other gadgets, like a lead acid could, so she gave me two options. Send mine to see if they could recharge it and check if it was still ok or have them send me a new one right away and I could return the old in the same box and also sell me their charger at a discount. I chose the latest and was ok.............. until now........... sitting in the garage plugged in and charger in “store” mode, the charger indicator light was off and when I checked the voltage, it was low. Unplugged and plug back in and hit the “charge” button and it would act as if it was charging and then the charging light would shut off (indicating full charge) and my alarm’s Remote would alert me of low voltage. And of course, I’m 2 weeks out of their prorated 3 year/25% off period. I’m done with these fancy batteries for now, so just I bought a new OEM replacement yuasa battery on sale for $64 shipped to my door from chaparral
Motosports. I like $64 every 4 plus years better than $190 every 3 years or less, regardless of the weight difference.

Had my Shorai LFX19A4-BS12 from ordered date 17th June 2015 , I don't really run any drag except the bikes clock , and over winter I charge it to top up the charge . The bike stays ready to run all year , so everything is connected to that battery as usual . My Shorai battery has been great , and will get another once it dies .

Had my Shorai LFX19A4-BS12 from ordered date 17th June 2015 , I don't really run any drag except the bikes clock , and over winter I charge it to top up the charge . The bike stays ready to run all year , so everything is connected to that battery as usual . My Shorai battery has been great , and will get another once it dies .
Thanks for the info. I came home from work this morning and to my surprise, the shorai charger is running normal in “store” mode and the battery has good voltage with my alarms two way remote saying is at 13.2 volts. I’ll probably use my load tester to see how it does. Not sure if maybe power went out for a few second in the neighborhood due to the recent storms that came through and the charger didn’t go back to normal and caused the battery to lose charge, since it wasn’t maintaining it.

Back