Looking advice on lightweight batteries

Hayabusa4life

I said Good Day!
Donating Member
Registered
Looking to get a lightweight battery. What brand are you guys running how heavy is it? What's the Maintenance? Needs to be on charger?

This subject can go on for days with people agreeing to disagree. Earth X is what I use. Do your research, all Lithium Batteries are not made equal!

Short list of pro's>>>> nice tight fit in a Busa battery tray,onboard BMS, nice Amperage output (CCA),light weight, and will maintain a 13.2 over extended time.

EarthX, Inc. - Lithium Replacement Batteries for ATV, Motorcycles, Watercraft, Snowmobiles and Scooters (fits Harley, Suzuki, Buell, Honda, Kawasaki, Polaris, Ducati, BMW, and many others)

Only neg I have, litium battery suck in the cold. Thats why I carry an Anti gravity Micro start.

Not true, lithium start just fine to very cold temps. You need the read the manual and run current through them for a few minutes and voila.
Stark rated from -22 to 130 F.

Tony Stark batteries will be my next choice as they have a built in circuit to keep battery from over/undercharging.

Earth x 230 cca, stark 500 cca wih ultrastart, no comparison . sorry. with free lifo charger...

12V18Ah-US4 StarkPower "ULTRA START" Lithium Ion Starter Battery, FREE CHARGER !

BB

I'm running a Ballistic lithium battery. Had it for over a year now with zero problems. Super lightweight, small, and fires my Busa right up everytime.

Not true, lithium start just fine to very cold temps. You need the read the manual and run current through them for a few minutes and voila.
Stark rated from -22 to 130 F.

Tony Stark batteries will be my next choice as they have a built in circuit to keep battery from over/undercharging.

Earth x 230 cca, stark 500 cca wih ultrastart, no comparison . sorry. with free lifo charger...

12V18Ah-US4 StarkPower "ULTRA START" Lithium Ion Starter Battery, FREE CHARGER !

BB

Tru to a degree and I speak from experience. Turning the bike ignition on for a min to let current run through the battery will help warm the battery in temps above 15 degrees The ball game changes when your leaving the bike out in extreme cold weather or the wind chill is in the negative. You got one to two shots to get her turned over. I never leave home without my anti gravity micro start when temps are going to plung down to the single digits.

I learned this from a previous early cold morning leaving work. Buddy at work hooked his truck up to my battery (just to run current through it)

Maybe the ratings they are stating are for functioning (riding) at -22. As for cold startups, this has not been my experience.

Oh yeah, no battery charger required for the Earth X.

Maybe the ratings they are stating are for functioning (riding) at -22. As for cold startups, this has not been my experience.

Oh yeah, no battery charger required for the Earth X.
not for nothn but who is gonna ride their bike when its even 20 degrees out let alone -22. I just bought a Ballistic lithium off someone on PB. I think 410 cca. thats more then double the stock battery and I hav a shiit load of electronics and never had any issues starting and I live in New England.

I was really just lookn for the weight savings but like u said the antigravity mircrostart is a fine idea just in case.

Hayabusa4life ,

See what I mean. :laugh: I stated what I like about the Earth X, and it meets my needs and above. I never directly compared it to any other named battery. See whats out there and do your research and get what you can afford. ADV rider.com is a good resource for Lithium battery.

I Got mo Time than Money

I have the battery tender brand lithium battery. It fires up all my different bikes, including my 1000cc vtwin. I got it on amazon for 109 shipped. Weighs under 2 pounds and is small. I have the 240ca version.

Thanks everyone,
I didn't mean to start a battery fight :laugh:
Now to start looking more info on all this batteries.

Something else I forgot to add, check the warranty replacement of the different manufacturers. I talked to a half dozen at a motorcycle show, and they all said warranty was 6 months only. Then when checking on the battery tender battery, it's a 3 year warranty. First year is 100%, then it's prorated after that. That was also a deciding factor besides the name on the box.

I bought a light weight battery from wps. They have worked great for me and they were cheap and very light weight. I have had them for 3 years now and this past winter I forgot to take them out. Just charge them last week and they still work great.

Something else
I forgot to add ,
check the warranty
replacement of the

different manufacturers .

I talked to a half dozen
at a motorcycle show ,

and they all said warranty
was six months only .

Then when checking on
the battery tender battery ,
it is a three year warranty .