Long trip but worth it !!

street racer

Donating Member
Registered
Redneck moving service (me) brought this home yesterday. 2550 miles round trip but worth it. The bike was originally sold in Canada so only reads in kilometers. It reads 793 kilos, about 500 miles. The bike is immaculate. As close to new as a bike can get. All the stickers are still on, the reflectors, rear fender, etc. The tires still have the little nibs on them. No chicken strips show as there isnt any wear on the tires. I am thrilled to say the least. According to the owner the Canadian bike has 3 differences compared to the USA bikes. 1. Speedometer/odometer. 2. Cotter pin on the rear axle. 3. Runs equally well on beer or gas...eh? FWIW...the Canyon Dancer ll works perfectly on a Gen1 Busa.

Came with a Neowell jacket (if I ever have to fight Brock Lesnar I will wear this during the fight) AXO boots and a matching helmet.

Cant make it to the bash but I will be in Eureka Springs for sure. You all have fun !

busared.jpg

Last edited:
Beautifull Bike. Fastest Color as Im sure you know.

Do you think maybe next time you could get a trailer better suited for such a bike. How Embarrasing. :whistle:

That is some serous miles!All worth it on the drive home though I'm sure. Love that color! And now you have a bike that is most definitely different then the rest of ours. What are plans for your 1st mod?

Last edited:
Congrats! The distance just made it more enjoyable for you.

FYI, all Gen 1 have a cotter pin on the rear axle. It's the Gen II that doesn't have it.

Hope you had a good road trip! That's a nice canvas to start working with.

That is some serous miles!All worth it on the drive home though I'm sure. Love that color! And now you have a bike that is most definitely different then the rest of ours. What are plans for your 1st mod?

Not going to do much modding for awhile. The bike only has 500 miles on it. I removed 8 factory warning stickers today, tightened the throttle linkage, adjusted the shifter arm, etc,

First mods will be simple: spools, sliders, 1 inch lowering on both ends, 2 teeth up on rear sprocket and probably not much else. Put a hundred kilos on today and it rides beautifully stock. Sure is quiet with the stock mufflers though. Might have to liven that up a bit.

Heck of a long way to travel for a bike...must be something special!

It cost much less than any burgundy 2007 I could find locally and more importantly it is in like new condition. There is literally not one scratch on the bike. Three people I showed the bike to today thought it was new. Also it is all stock except for the PUIG windscreen and I wanted a stock one. The trip wasnt bad. Left Sunday morning at 3 AM and returned Tuesday at 3:30 PM. Looking forward to meeting you in Eureka Springs !

Back