Long time no see!

dwnhllthng

Registered
Hello everybody! I guess a lot of you could probably say I am still new to this forum even though I have been a "member" for quite some time. Last time I was on here I had just started a new job and was getting married and that took up a LOT of time. Fortunately that job didn't last long, too many hours, to little time to spend with my wife and Busa. So over a year later here I am back on the forum just getting back into reading everyones posts since I last left. Seems as though I have missed a lot on the new 09. But you all have thankfully caught me back up. Also since I have a decent job now..meaning M-F 8-5....I have been getting a lot more riding in with some fellas here in Harrisonburg, VA. One of my friends has been tagging along with this group of riders just for taking pictures sake and he has come up with some pretty cool stuff that I'll post if I can remember how to. Anyways, its good to be back and hopefully I'll get to spend more time on here then I have the past year!

b173231696.jpg

By the way...if this works can anyone tell me what to do about my bike dragging fairings? I've put a 55 tire on the back hoping it would help but I'm scrubbing my fairings and Oil can a lot anymore??? Maybe I'll start a new thread for this....

:welcome: back. As for your fairing dragging, since you've got the rear up a little with the 55 tire, what's going on up front? What do you weigh and what weight springs do you have in your forks? From the picture (Great pics I might add) it looks like your front is pretty well bottomed. Busa is usually under sprung in the front unless your a flyweight. That may be letting the fairing get on the road more than the rear. Something to think about.:-)

Welcome back, and congrats on your new freedoms!!!

I'll wait to hear your replies to Hillybilly Tom's questions, but that's where I'd start looking.

:beerchug:

Scar

get your buttocks off the bike more, keep bike more upright - you, not so much ;) and your fairing won't touch

Well there may lay the problem. I haven't done anything to the front end. I weight 225lbs and like I said havent done anything to the bike except the rear tire and cranking down my front suspension preload a few turns. Trust me its better then it was....but maybe I need some new springs?

:welcome:

now about your problem>dont go so fast:laugh:

j/k maybe raise the back 1"

Ok guys....I have read a few threads on here in teh past few days and noticed raising the back is of interest to some....I always heard not to mess with the geometry of a bike because they are typically built right from the factory minus some possibly spring tensions etc for rider weight.....I want some good honest proven advice....Anyone:please:

Back