Lonely roads in Central Florida?

wreckwriter

Donating Member
Registered
Any of you central Florida riders know of any long, straight roads that aren't typically jammed with traffic? For testing and stuff...

471 off of SR50 is super long and straight! Wildlife and people passing in the other direction are your enemy.
I took the Busa and dragy out there a couple of nights but it gets really dark and you never know what could walk out in front of you as it’s heavily wooded.

471 from 50 to 98 is probably 12 - 15 miles long but once you cross the bridge on either end is your straight shot. P-Keith is right about the wildlife and people passing in the opposite direction.

Deland, FL (Voulusia County) has a small airport and we used to “play” on some of the roads around it and there is an older runway that someone or some group would rent out for runs down it. Last time I was on it was years ago and it was beginning to deteriorate… worth a shot I guess.

Deland, FL (Voulusia County) has a small airport and we used to “play” on some of the roads around it and there is an older runway that someone or some group would rent out for runs down it. Last time I was on it was years ago and it was beginning to deteriorate… worth a shot I guess.
Definitely worth a look. My problem is that due to my wife's health I can't leave her alone for more than about 2 hours so I'm limited to close to home.

Back