Loggin into the board

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
I guess you guys have noticed by now that I set the board to require a login to view the post. I did this in the hopes to get people to register. Since I made that move there have been 3 days consecutively of 20 new registrations a day. I think that I am going to prune all the members that have not posted in at least 3 months.... Surely someone can post a little smilie at least once in 3 months....

Your thoughts

Captain

If daily membership is up, then smart move. Personally, I never join any membership unless I can taste the goods first. If you have set parameters so only members can view posts, maybe the curiosity alone is driving them to join. Hard to say, but I would not join without having been able to check it out first.

This site rocks..I'm trying to get Bog to post but he just doesn't post things on any sites, like I do. But I'll work on him.

I guess I agree with Cache. If I had to register immediately, I might not join either... Is it possible to alow a "guest" view for a set amount of time then require registration???

On the contrary, this is a GREAT site and it is fair enough to require registration for participation...

I guess I was not much help...

There is a guest status that allows people to view the board only, you can see how many guest are online at a time by looking at the online bar on the main page.....

I was not sure if I wanted to join in the begining, because I had seen the other sites(Labusa,Suzukihayabusa), did not like their forums much more trash talking than anything. Any how once I checked the site out I joined. Took a while to get into posting though, now it seems to be part of the routine, (downtime of the year, winter Yuck&#33
wink.gif

Back