Local state eye in the sky get lost real quick

G

a friend of mine was doing a buck and 1/2
on 985 with his coper busa,
when the big brother showed up in thier helicopter.
Took about 45 seconds for them to be so far behind they couldn't see or be seen.
Thier max seems to be just a nice cruise on a busa.

Just a warning! Standing Order (unofficially) in Arizona at least is to get in close enough to take out the rear tire in a pursuit with a motorcycle in a corner. This has come from a rash of motorcycles running when the lights go on. Just be carefull.

918-are you serious? When you say "take out" do you mean by shooting the rear tire out(in AZ you never know) or hitting it with the squad car? Are you talking about Dept. of Public Safety or just some psychotic AZ cop? I ride the freeways here in AZ daily. I probably do 130+mph at least once a day(when/where conditions allow). About twice a week I'll go 150+. In most cases I'd never run but then again, it's nice to have that option. Reveal your source eh?

[This message has been edited by Squid Vicious (edited 27 February 2000).]

I guess will need ejection seat next, to bail off after the Arizona and CHP start shooting and launching missiles at us. Sorry, I screwed up and double posted.

[This message has been edited by OKLAHOMA BOB (edited 28 February 2000).]

Hey Squid,
This was covered in a training course on high speed pursuit. The instructer stated, "If pursuing a motorcycle and there are 2 units in pursuit, wait till the motorcycle brakes to make a turn then the lead unit drives strait through the turn using the front of the vehicle to clip the rear wheel of the bike. If the attempt is unsuccessful, the second unit is still positioned to pursue."

I will withold the agency, but have heard this tactic discussed, and have discussed it with a couple of different agencies in the metro phoenix area.

on another note, we should get together and go for a ride.

I hope nobody's taking that literally, pursuits on motorcycles for traffic violations are prohibited. In other words, unless the chase stems from a violent felony, there is no bike pursuits. Period.
The odds of serious injury or death resulting from it are too high.

918, you can tell your police sources that their procedure is stupid. Doing that could and probably would kill the motorcyle rider but also kill the police officer and any one else on the road in the area. I cant believe that a police dept would consider such a tactic, especially driving through a curve and into an oncoming lane and hitting an innocent driver. Im glad I live in vegas. I talk to our police all the time. I ask them what would you do if a bike went by them at 150 or so. They said they would wave, but they are not going to risk their life as well as the public's to catch a speeding motorcyle rider..................

918 is right,I was watching Scariest Police chases on FOX and sure as **** ,a cop clipped the back of a fleeing motorcyclist with his patrol car to knock him down,it was the Keego Harbor Police in Michigan.

I have to agree with Omega. The liability for performing such a maneuver is so dangerous I cannot see any law enforcement agency attempting it unless a violent crime is suspected.

I wish I saw that show. I grew up in Farmington Hills Mich just down the road from Kego Harbor. I left and moved south 1986 shortly after I lost my girl friend in a auto wreck just half mile from Kego Harbor next to Orchard Lake.

[This message has been edited by OKLAHOMA BOB (edited 02 March 2000).]

Back