Local Ride Raleigh, NC (SUNDAY 11/8/09)

Loomis

Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Registered
The group moved the time back due to it getting a little colder out in the mornings.
Myself and a group of about 6 to 10 people have been ride every Sunday Morning From Sheetz Gas Station off Capital Blvd US-1 In Raleigh Meet at 8:30am Stands up at 9:00am.
Sheetz‎ - more info »4801 Thornton Rd, Raleigh, NC‎ - (919) 862-0904‎
Local Ride backrounds NOTHING CRAZY but a great ride if your local. We take different routes, We ride to Occoneechee SteakHouse(They Serve a pretty good breakfast Eggs, Pancake, Waffles Etc) It's located in Hillsbough NC, If you can't meet at 9:00am at the Sheetz we arrive at Occoneechee at around 10:30ish.. A good turn out of bike in Hillbough about 30 to 50 on a sunday morning.

Just post a thread if you can Ride, or need more info.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

gotta negotiate this with the boss, but I'd love to do it since I just got back in the states & am feening for some ride time

gotta negotiate this with the boss, but I'd love to do it since I just got back in the states & am feening for some ride time

It's a good ride. I've done it for the last few months w/ this group. Get it cleared and join us. You'll be home by 1:00 in time for football :thumbsup:

Jon, Rick, Jim; Thanks for the help on the limp (literally,lol!) home...Hopefully, I can get fixed up & back on the road soon...

Hey Dave, Glad you are OK. It could have been much worse. Call me let me know how you are feeling. I hate that you wrecked the Bike, I'm glad you have full coverage. Keep us posted on every thing. If you need anything just call me.

Last edited:
hey Jon, sorry I didn't call yesterday; I was self-medicating & english wasn't my native language at the time, lol...I'm doing ok; a little stiff, but I'm hobbling around pretty good...getting ready to soak in the hot tub for a while with a frosty adult beverage

Sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you Dave. I spoke w/ Jon after the ride & was saddened to hear about your off. But was relieved that you were not seriously injured.
What do you recon happened? Did u come into a turn too hot? What is associated to your tires not getting up to temp?

Back