LIVE CHAT BOARD FOR HAYABUSA OWNERS

OB_BullDog

Registered
Hi Guys, Why don't we get a live chat channel going, like IRC for example, they have bots that keep #motorcycle channel open 24/7 and usually 30-40 users are always there chatting!
We could start a #Hayabusa channel and keep conversations going! More interesting than waiting for replys to messages (no offence Chase!)
Anyone know how to run a bot in IRC, say the EFNET, start up a channel called HAYABUSA and let us know!

Thanks.. hope this flys!

TeamHayabusa: yes I was the guy in Brainerd with the GSXR1100, I think we did met, you were hanging out with 2 other busa owners?? We met breifly I think. Hopefully we can chat on the new channel on IRC!
:)

Not to throw a wet towel on there BullDog, but I don't think that's something I'd be interested in. Tell you why. One of the reasons this site works so well is that people usually (well OK, sometimes) think about what they're going to say before they say it. They do their research then write it down. Then it becomes part of the searchable library we have here on the Hayabusa.

The Onelist Hayabusa group - and many of the Members here are active over there - tend to chat real time one on one about things that just concern the two who are chatting. I get all that stuff auto-emailed to me but it's rare that I find anything relevant to myself.

This forum can be as real-time as any Members want it to be. I've had quick paced conversations with, for instance, Dr. Busa in Sweden, and Maui in guess where.

Maybe I'm in the dark, Bulldog. What advantages does this idea have over what we already have going here?

It might not be fair to members like Hapo who can't type very fast - nevermind think (he is on very serious meds).

Hapo - nice guy, but why does he try to ride from the pill-on seat all the time?

You make a good point Pete, and yes I have noticed users replying quite quick.

I guess you can get into some pretty heavy debates etc, but chances are it would be a waste of time. Nice to talk about motorcycles in general, but if most of the group owns the same bike it might be a lighter conversation.

Maybe check out the channel #motorcycles via EFNET with IRC and let me know if you think it's worth it.

I barely have time as it is. If I made $4 bucks an hour posting on this board, I'd have the nicest bike of all you guys. I like the running conversation aspect of the board. Going back and picking up threads, sometimes they get hot for a while again. Also, I'm semi isolated here time zone wise, so I wouldn't really benefit personally from real time chat.

DP's right about formatting ideas over time too. I think it can make for better comments, funnier come backs, and some well needed cooling between flame jobs. Not to mention I type about three words per minute.

I've seen some of that live chat go like this;

Hi

Hi

What's yer name?

Bob

Me to

Huh

Well gotta go

Yea

Good talking to you

Same here

Later

Bye.

I have enjoyed some of the "real time conversations" with some of the members here. Maybe it would good, but I'm not going to make any effort to follow up on this, besides, that's what phones are for.

[This message has been edited by maui (edited 08 November 1999).]

Back