Listen

(BusaWhipped @ May 14 2007,03:51) The run-flat was a joke.
I thought it might be, but I was really hoping it wasn't.  Thank you for the feedback on the Avons.  I'm still  thinking Avons are the ones to go with.

Karl

(NCBusa2001 @ May 13 2007,01:30) Wow, I'm suprised you didn't notice anything feeling funny.  Could have been very bad if you needed to do anything aggressive.  Talk about an easy way to lowside.  

Chris
Sitting in a line of slow moving vehicles on a 2 lane with the bike straight up.  I rode most of the way one hand on the throttle, the other on my hip.  Maybe if I would have tried a double yellow pass I would have realized something was wrong, but I was a good citizen (lemming) and stayed in line.

(K Wolf @ May 14 2007,16:26)
(BusaWhipped @ May 14 2007,03:51) The run-flat was a joke.
I thought it might be, but I was really hoping it wasn't.  Thank you for the feedback on the Avons.  I'm still  thinking Avons are the ones to go with.

Karl
They are my favorite all around street tire.

(BusaWhipped @ May 14 2007,03:51)
(K Wolf @ May 13 2007,23:00)
(BusaWhipped @ May 12 2007,16:16) With the AVON run-flats it wasn't a problem.  
smile.gif
 We were running along at the speedlimit and the Busa was stable the whole time.  If Dan hadn't said anything, I wouldn't have noticed from the way the Busa was acting at those speeds.

This thread is worthless without pics, so here they are.  This is what I found when we got to the QT.
BW,  I've never heard of the run-flat feature for motorcycle tires.  I'm currently looking into getting a new set of tires, and I have been considering Avon Viper Sports, based on input from a riding friend.  Is the run-flat feature standard on Avon tires, or is it available only on special models?  What tires were you running, and what is your opinion about  them?

Thank you,
Karl
The run-flat was a joke.  I've been running the Avon 45/46 combo for years and love them.  8,000 miles on the rear tires (when there aren't nailes involved) and the perform very well in the twisties too.  Unfortunately, they have been discontinued
sad.gif
 I'll have to try the Avon Storms after I burn the new Dunlop off the bike (I had to take what the dealer had in stock).
I have an Avon Storm on the back and can't tell any difference from the Azaro. Too bad it got a nail after only 600 miles.

Hummm, got 6500 out of the Azaro rear. But, I didn't run it quite down to the indicators. 8k miles would be awesome!!!!!

DONT THROW THAT TIRE AWAY!!!!!!!

Avon has a road side protection plan. If you pick up a nail or cut the tire in the first two MM of tread wear thay replace the tire for you!!!

Avon is the ONLY motorcycle tire company that does this and thats why I push the avon so hard.

I have the 45/46 combo on mine as well and love them. I will switch to the new storms this year. Have heard nothing but good things so far.

Just sold a set to ToyKraz, ask him how he likes them.

Josh

Glad nothing happened while riding on that tire...great info from Josh up there too!!!
cool.gif

Back