lil help...

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
Hi gang, I am lookin for a post with a step by step how to drill ... for frame sliders. I did a search but couldnt find it.

Anyone ? Anyone ?
rock.gif

Thanks - Kent

Definitely a gut wrencher thinking of cutting into it. Once you get the first one done the second is no problem.

Thats a great, Idea, I too am very scared of cutting holes in my new (dont even have yet) LE. I have seen a nice looking black powder coated slider, but was hesitant on cutting holes. I really like this method, and I think now I will get them, and do it.

Thats a great, Idea, I too am very scared of cutting holes in my new (dont even have yet) LE. I have seen a nice looking black powder coated slider, but was hesitant on cutting holes. I really like this method, and I think now I will get them, and do it.
You'll be sorry if you dont! The very day I got my bike out of the paint shop, it rolled off the stand, sliders did their job! not one scratch or even the usual broken or bent clutch lever.NJ. Take it from me, they work!

<!--EDIT|nitrousjunkie
Reason for Edit: None given...|1114282629 -->

Yep, slders woulda saved my clutch cover and starter ... so the newer bike has em. I just wanted this post for a new busa owner who lives near me. Thanx again

dont remember where i saw it but it had to be the best idea i heard so far!!!! i think iceman on labusas but not sure i could be wrong so if im misquoting someone whoever came up with this idea forgive me here goes. first you need to buy a 2 dollar kids laser pointer toy . then take off fairings put bike on stand where it will not be moved at all. place laser on a ladder or stool and aim it at the bolt where slider goes and tape it where it cannot be moved!! then put back fairings and the laser will show exactly where you have to drill. thats it this has to be the best and easiest way to exactly figure where the pilot hole is supposed to be. just make sure bike and laser dont move till after the pilot hole is drilled thats it.

Very good idea. I still need to do this mod, just haven't had the time or nerve lately to drill into her.
sad.gif

dont remember where i saw it but it had to be the best idea i heard so far!!!! i think iceman on labusas but not sure i could be wrong so if im misquoting someone whoever came up with this idea forgive me here goes. first you need to buy a 2 dollar kids laser pointer toy . then take off fairings put bike on stand where it will not be moved at all. place laser on a ladder or stool and aim it at the bolt where slider goes and tape it where it cannot be moved!! then put back fairings and the laser will show exactly where you have to drill. thats it this has to be the best and easiest way to exactly figure where the pilot hole is supposed to be. just make sure bike and laser dont move till after the pilot hole is drilled thats it.
Yeah... its a pretty good idea
biggrin.gif

Back