License Plate Relocation

Enginerd

Registered
Guys, I could really use a hand here... I just got my Extreme Graphics Moto Top Gun tail setup on and now I am really debating on putting my tag right back under the tail (requires drilling). I have a swing arm mount on order, but am debating on cancelling the order on monday morning if someone can help me come up with a better idea or convince me that under the tail is best. I have LED screw replacements that will be put in place of the regular screws no matter where it goes so lighting is covered... Sooo let the ideas flow (ie. Peg mount, swing arm, under the tail... etc.)

The only downsides I have heard about mounting on the swingarm are:

1) Is it legal in your state?
2) It's not in TN and TN's finest will give you a ticket on the TN side of the Dragon...
argue.gif

Otherwise, personal preference. I prefer mine undertail.

My state requires among other things: horizontal mount, 12 to 36 " from road. Don't know Va. law wouldn't want to start paying their new taxes
wow.gif

I have heard that people have scraped them in turns and snapped them off... Does it seem that it is possible? I have also heard of problems of the rear suspension flexing in a bump and hitting the exhaust can against the bracket...

I like mine a lot.. After I wash the beast Ill put up some pics.. Mine's lowered 3 inches also and the other day I was out with a passenger and my buddy was riding behind me on his K7 and said he seen sparks when I hit a big bump

With that undertail, I think the plate would look better below it. Swingarm mounts look good if you're going to bling it out. Just my $0.02.

I had mone on the swingarm and frankly I hated it. I, like you, didn't want to drill my undertail to put it up near stock and that was the only other option I could find. After having it there for a while, I decided that the swingarm mount sucked a$$, because whenever I'd ride 2 up and I'd hit a bump, it would slam on the exhaust can, plus, lighting it is a pain in the ass. While they wont bust people here for a swingarm mount plate, they WILL bust you for not having your plate lit.

I had mine on the swingarm and frankly I hated it. I, like you, didn't want to drill my undertail to put it up near stock and that was the only other option I could find. After having it there for a while, I decided that the swingarm mount sucked a$$, because whenever I'd ride 2 up and I'd hit a bump, it would slam on the exhaust can, plus, lighting it is a pain in the ass. While they wont bust people here for a swingarm mount plate, they WILL bust you for not having your plate lit.

Well, I was worried about it hitting the cans... I do still have 2 (yosh RS-3 Carbons)... What bracket did you have, I have heard that some are lower than others and may not pose any threat, others are trouble... What about one that mounts on the rear passenger footpeg... I dont ride anyone else around, its MY toy!

Back