LICENCE PLATE HIDERS BLOCKERS

just leave your plate in the hump. mine just happened to find its self there
firedevil.gif

i wouldnt think that the current having to be on would be an issue. You could wire it into a circuit that came on witht he bike (like the headlight) and then just let it go dark when you shut the bike off. I don't think that it's required that your plate be visible when the bike is parked, is it?

lurk.gif
The fasttag looks like the best deal. The first one, if they made one to fit a bike tag would be in violation of SC State law anyway. Improper Display. Fast Tag when flipped same violation. Hump storage same violation. Bent Tag same.

Smart riders need not apply. Find a good playground, go to the strip, or hit a trackday. Don't play in a target rich environment. Be safe.
beerchug.gif

Oh boy!!!!!! ok you got my attention. since ive already had the pleasure of dealing with people that for some reason think this is cool, ill,tell you what ive done and still do. seize your plate and file an application with the state to have your registration revoked. Look guys, street bikes already have a horrible "black cloud" following them around, lets not add fuel to the fire by doing stupid **** like this. 90% of the time when we stop you it will result in a warnng, unless you have done or are doing something we cant turn our backs on or sweep under the rug. I guess all i am saying is, use your heads dont get caught in this trick bag. Not only is it illegal but your only gonna make it harder for those of us that obey and respect the law to enjoy a pass time that we truly enjoy.

go ahead i dont care....... light me up........
flamethrowingsmiley.gif

(RCKTMAN @ Jan. 27 2007,03:43) Oh boy!!!!!! ok you got my attention. since ive already had the pleasure of dealing with people that for some reason think this is cool, ill,tell you what ive done and still do. seize your plate and file an application with the state to have your registration revoked. Look guys, street bikes already have a horrible "black cloud" following them around, lets not add fuel to the fire by doing stupid **** like this. 90% of the time when we stop you it will result in a warnng, unless you have done or are doing something we cant turn our backs on or sweep under the rug. I guess all i am saying is, use your heads dont get caught in this trick bag. Not only is it illegal but your only gonna make it harder for those of us that obey and respect the law to enjoy a pass time that we truly enjoy.

flamethrowingsmiley.gif
I dont have to worry,i am gonna go into law enforcement then i can do whatever i want!!!!

I dont have to worry,i am gonna go into law enforcement then i can do whatever i want!!!! [/Quote]
LOL...how true that is.......

(fairlane @ Jan. 27 2007,08:55)
(RCKTMAN @ Jan. 27 2007,03:43) Oh boy!!!!!! ok you got my attention. since ive already had the pleasure of dealing with people that for some reason think this is cool, ill,tell you what ive done and still do. seize your plate and file an application with the state to have your registration revoked. Look guys, street bikes already have a horrible "black cloud" following them around, lets not add fuel to the fire by doing stupid **** like this. 90% of the time when we stop you it will result in a warnng, unless you have done or are doing something we cant turn our backs on or sweep under the rug. I guess all i am saying is, use your heads dont get caught in this trick bag. Not only is it illegal but your only gonna make it harder for those of us that obey and respect the law to enjoy a pass time that we truly enjoy.

flamethrowingsmiley.gif
I dont have to worry,i am gonna go into law enforcement then i can do whatever i want!!!!
Just dont do it in NYC!
guns.gif

After getting caught several times with this, you can put up a thread about the +'s and -'s of JAIL Life in each location. To include sleeping accomendations, food (now be specific, we want type and quality for Breakfast-Lunch and Dinner) , and the friendly room mates  
SHOCKED.gif
you make
laugh.gif

Ok for all those that would like one of those flip plate thingys. You can make it yourself for alot less!
Parts needed:
1. Hinge
2. Small pcs metal (stainless is nice)
3. Universal door lock actuator (From car audio shop)

Start with a pc of metal approx 4"x6" (or what ever your plate width is) Now bend the top edge 1" down from top back 90deg and bend the bottom edge 1" up from bottom back 90deg. Now add the hinge to the bottom edge and mount these parts to your bike.
Your next step is to make a flat plate to mount the lic plate to that you can attach to the hinge. The door lock actuator can be mounted in the storage area under rear seat/hump with a hole drilled through undertail for the lock rod to pass through and hook up to the top edge of the plate. Now all you have to do is wire it up!
I will be making one in a few weeks and will post pics when done.
l8r

I heard of a group of guys getting pulled over around here. All were speeding but not to crazy. The HP pulled over about 6/7 bikes and were every cool, just running tags and were going to give all warnings.....then they saw the fasttag on one of the guys bikes. That bike got impounded and the rest all got the tickets they deserved.....and the pretty cool cops turned into very strict by the book cops faster than you can flip that tag.

(Warputer @ Jan. 26 2007,17:46)
(BiG-T @ Jan. 26 2007,19:10)
(ranman @ Jan. 26 2007,19:07) cant out run the radio

i tryed
wow.gif
....you can avoid the red light and speed camera's though.
[/b]Holy Cow ....there's Camera's now ?!?  
rock.gif

Yep !!! And they got your picture !! You'll be getting a little something in the mail.

(GSXTacy @ Jan. 27 2007,09:44) I heard of a group of guys getting pulled over around here. All were speeding but not to crazy. The HP pulled over about 6/7 bikes and were every cool, just running tags and were going to give all warnings.....then they saw the fasttag on one of the guys bikes. That bike got impounded and the rest all got the tickets they deserved.....and the pretty cool cops turned into very strict by the book cops faster than you can flip that tag.
Was the fast tag "in operation" at the time? If not and the plate was properly dislplayed, did they ever mention what law the cop used to impound the bike?

The LEO's make up the laws as they go along....
So who even gives a fuk??
I would run one of these no problem!

(Turbo-Torch @ Jan. 27 2007,12:35)
(GSXTacy @ Jan. 27 2007,09:44) I heard of a group of guys getting pulled over around here. All were speeding but not to crazy. The HP pulled over about 6/7 bikes and were every cool, just running tags and were going to give all warnings.....then they saw the fasttag on one of the guys bikes. That bike got impounded and the rest all got the tickets they deserved.....and the pretty cool cops turned into very strict by the book cops faster than you can flip that tag.
Was the fast tag "in operation" at the time?  If not and the plate was properly dislplayed, did they ever mention what law the cop used to impound the bike?
Here in Illinois (and almost all others I believe) its illegal to have any devise that moves/hides  your plate. Even the little clear shields that cover your plate that makes it hard to see from a camera angle are illegal. The cops know the fasttags are out there and know how to recognize them (its not like there hard to see), hell, the fast tags page states in real big red letters "Not for street use" your not doing anything new. Even if the tag is diplayed correctlly when pulled over, the devise is still illegal. I think this is how they impounded the bike.

(05BusaLe @ Jan. 27 2007,07:10)
(fairlane @ Jan. 27 2007,08:55)

flamethrowingsmiley.gif
Just dont do it in NYC!
guns.gif
I was told cops dont bust cops,What about professional curtiousy

Back