Legal Music Downloads

iTunes is what us MAC-IN-BOX(Macintosh) users like the most.  $.99 per download and there are many, many, many titles....   But I will warn you that once you see that you have downloaded 180 songs over the past 2 months you will learn that it really is a lot of money.(Cheaper than CD's, but still when you see all you've bought in one category it hits close to home)  The good news is from iTunes you can usually get the entire CD for $9.99 which is cheaper than the local music store.(and makes the songs much less that $.99/song)

ALSO,

Walmart.com sells music for $.88 per download.  I have not tried them, but seems to be the same setup as iTunes.  My only fear of Wal-mart.com is the fact that they don't sell CD's with "explicit lyrics" so I doubt there downloaded songs will contain any of that material either!! (They may though)

dlrumbl

Oh and by the way:  None of these prices include TAX, be sure you do factor that in when it comes time to purchase!!

aarrrrrrrr dont be holding back on the booty matey pass it over here
winmx all the way
dont pay for music f@ck dat when they start making better albums people will buy them but 15.99 for 2 or 3 songs f@ck that
P diddy aint hurtin if he gives his ex broad his and her bentleys lars ulric dont need a platinum fishtank
snoop doesn't need a private island in bora bora and now napster charges for downloads??? wtf???
thats like datin a freak who gave it up for free and now a couple of years later you run into her and she got contracts to sign and s#!t and wants to get paid for it
mad.gif
there's absolutely nothing wrong with piracy as long as YOU [us, we] don't mind other people breaking into YOUR [our] place of business and freely taking whatever products we sell.  Can't be hypocratic.

so PDiddy mad e a ton of money, and thus should no longer be paid for the same talent?  so, if your company builds trucks after selling about 50,000 of them, people should just start taking them?  hmmmm

I'm not a BIG anti-piracy preacher, but society has once again RE-DEFINED right and wrong and THAT is the scarey part.  I also produce music.  It takes me a good 3 weeks to completely finish a song and I put a lot of my self into it.  Yeah, yeah, I know there is a lot of heartless crap out there not worth paying for - in taht case you shouldn't want it even for free!   yech!  But after you have worked hard on something you are proud of, and have people freely take copies of it with NO EFFORT, it pisses you off.

Personally, I wish ALL music was free and paid for by advertising somehow.  But these people gotta make a living too.

So, are there other FREE sites online?  Where be they?
But look at it from the other side. Why should I have to pay $14-$17 for a cd when I only like 1 song?? I think they split up the popular songs just so you have to buy more cds. Plus what is the difference in me putting in a cd that I made off of the internet or listening to the song on the radio for free. funny thing is, it sin't illegal to record songs off of the radio. I agree with the per song charge though. this way you onlyt pay for what you want

again, I'm not the piracy nanny or whatever, but you don't have to pay $17 for a CD you hate. listen to the whole thing first on cduniverse.com and decide if you might enjoy it. they finally got it right with the single song purchases..... [puts in teeth...] back in my day, they sold vinyl singles that played at 45 speed for $.75 each - so the $.99 song download is just a hip version of that, unlike those $4.99 "CD Singles" that are too big and worthless with 4 remixes of the same song

All the music you hear the radio is paid for by you. YOU deserve to listen to it for free since you buy the stuff the advertisers drill into your head all day long, thus paying the airtime for songs the radio plays. Still, if you like it enough to get your own copy for repeated plays, pay the artist as a vote of encouragement that you enjoy that style of music in hope they will make more for you. my 4.5 cents

so.... did anyone ever find sites with legitimate FREE music to download?

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1099537158 -->

Back