Legal Music Downloads

thrasherfox

BUSA
Donating Member
Registered
I feel stupid for not knowing this already, I have been doing searches, even went to apples web site, could not find anything easy enough.

I have heard there are places now on the web that you can download individual songs for like .99 cents. This is extremely appealing to me because most of the time I spend $14.00 for a cd and only like the one song I heard on the radio.

Is there anyone on the board that is either doing this on a regular basis or has good knowledge of what are the best sites?

Can you provide me direct links please..

Thanks

winmx is a free site.
You could also try napster you could purchase individual songs.

iTunes all the way boy, thats what Ive been using since it opened up for Pc users. I love it. easy to use and very quick downloads. Songs are 99c and most full albums are like 9.99. Very nice site too!!

aarrrrrrrr dont be holding back on the booty matey pass it over here
winmx all the way
dont pay for music f@ck dat when they start making better albums people will buy them but 15.99 for 2 or 3 songs f@ck that
P diddy aint hurtin if he gives his ex broad his and her bentleys lars ulric dont need a platinum fishtank
snoop doesn't need a private island in bora bora and now napster charges for downloads??? wtf???
thats like datin a freak who gave it up for free and now a couple of years later you run into her and she got contracts to sign and s#!t and wants to get paid for it
mad.gif

aarrrrrrrr dont be holding back on the booty matey pass it over here
winmx all the way
dont pay for music f@ck dat when they start making better albums people will buy them but 15.99 for 2 or 3 songs f@ck that
P diddy aint hurtin if he gives his ex broad his and her bentleys lars ulric dont need a platinum fishtank
snoop doesn't need a private island in bora bora and now napster charges for downloads??? wtf???
thats like datin a freak who gave it up for free and now a couple of years later you run into her and she got contracts to sign and s#!t and wants to get paid for it
mad.gif
there's absolutely nothing wrong with piracy as long as YOU [us, we] don't mind other people breaking into YOUR [our] place of business and freely taking whatever products we sell. Can't be hypocratic.

so PDiddy mad e a ton of money, and thus should no longer be paid for the same talent? so, if your company builds trucks after selling about 50,000 of them, people should just start taking them? hmmmm

I'm not a BIG anti-piracy preacher, but society has once again RE-DEFINED right and wrong and THAT is the scarey part. I also produce music. It takes me a good 3 weeks to completely finish a song and I put a lot of my self into it. Yeah, yeah, I know there is a lot of heartless crap out there not worth paying for - in taht case you shouldn't want it even for free! yech! But after you have worked hard on something you are proud of, and have people freely take copies of it with NO EFFORT, it pisses you off.

Personally, I wish ALL music was free and paid for by advertising somehow. But these people gotta make a living too.

So, are there other FREE sites online? Where be they?

Well didn’t mean to turn this into a hate thread..

I used to download music AND movies a long time ago. But stopped for numerous reasons, most of which had nothing to do with worrying about getting caught once it was defined as being illegal. I stopped downloading BEFORE people started getting hammered.

I got tired of downloading music and finding out I either downloaded something that was not what it was supposed to be, or downloaded something that was poor quality, or downloaded something that was perfect up until the last 30 seconds of the song.

The whole downloading of movies was kind of a novelty that wore off real quick also, poor quality, long download times..

Then you have the whole peer to peer issue of opening up your computer and allowing someone else access. Which the least of the problems is you end up with spy ware and ad ware on your system.

But I guess the biggest factor was, what was I going to tell my kids? how was I going to tell my kids it is not right to steal and try to make sure they do what is right if I am downloading stuff off the internet that has been labeled as an illegal activity and is classified as stealing..

It really doesn’t matter what a persons personal thoughts on it are. Society as declared (or at least accepted and allowed the music and movie industry to declare) downloading of music and / or movies to be illegal.

Which I agree with. books are copyrighted, when someone manufactures something it is patented.

Music and movies are created by artists, and there works should be protected.

Just my two.

But I am tired of buying a fricken CD and finding I paid $14.99 for one song. I want to be able to choose what songs I like, purchase them, download them legaly and create my own collection of music I LIKE.

And now with technology, I can do that, and maybe music "artist" will work a little hard and stop putting 1 good song on a cd and using filler songs to fill the rest of the CD.

Thanks for the info everyone.

I think I have found two possible sources, Itunes and Napster.

Napster has a deal going for $119.00 you get a years subscription PLUS a free RIO Chiba MP3 player.

And Itunes has downloads for .99 cents a song..

I used to download music AND movies a long time ago. But stopped for numerous reasons, most of which had nothing to do with worrying about getting caught once it was defined as being illegal. I stopped downloading BEFORE people started getting hammered.

I got tired of downloading music and finding out I either downloaded something that was not what it was supposed to be, or downloaded something that was poor quality, or downloaded something that was perfect up until the last 30 seconds of the song.

The whole downloading of movies was kind of a novelty that wore off real quick also, poor quality, long download times..

Then you have the whole peer to peer issue of opening up your computer and allowing someone else access. Which the least of the problems is you end up with spy ware and ad ware on your system.

But I guess the biggest factor was, what was I going to tell my kids? how was I going to tell my kids it is not right to steal and try to make sure they do what is right if I am downloading stuff off the internet that has been labeled as an illegal activity and is classified as stealing..

It really doesn’t matter what a persons personal thoughts on it are. Society as declared (or at least accepted and allowed the music and movie industry to declare) downloading of music and / or movies to be illegal.

Which I agree with. books are copyrighted, when someone manufactures something it is patented.

Just my two.

But I am tired of buying a fricken CD and finding I paid $14.99 for one song. I want to be able to choose what songs I like, purchase them, download them legaly and create my own collection of music I LIKE.

And now with technology, I can do that, and maybe music "artist" will work a little hard and stop putting 1 good song on a cd and using filler songs to fill the rest of the CD.

Napster has a deal going for $119.00 you get a years subscription PLUS a free RIO Chiba MP3 player.

Thrasher,

Ya know I love ya man!
beerchug.gif

but if you get carpel tunnel...

yer not gonna be albe to ride the busa as well.
poke.gif
race.gif

Just my two.

Thrasher,

Ya know I love ya man!  
beerchug.gif

but if you get carpel tunnel...

yer not gonna be albe to ride the busa as well.  
poke.gif

race.gif
Word

arrrrr, matey's ye haven't discovered BitTorrent yet
biggrin.gif

AARRRrrrr!! Aarrrr arrr arrr ARrrr, Arrr arrrrrr? ARRRR ARRR arrr aRARRR arrrrrr. Ye Arrrrr, Arrrr matey!

Arrrrrrrr!

......arr

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1095176984 -->

uploaded_koala.jpg

Back