Best site for "legal" Mp3 downloads??

Warputer

Father of 4=Madness
Donating Member
Registered
Napster has a deal for $14.95 per month.....unlimited downloads & streaming music. It seems that most sites want .99 for each download. :banghead: Is there any other options out there in cyber land??

I did the Limewire thing for a few years.....ruined 2 computers in the process with trojans/virus.

i dont have enough room on my hard drive for my 300+cd's not to mention the 5000+ songs i already have on there.... ohhh always look for bit rates...126-190 on average is the safe stuff and nothing 900kb or less...dem da virus's

A google search will show plenty of sites that allow free downloads which of course is not legal but at least your not seeding with a torrent and won't get a letter from a lawyer.

One of my favorite ways to get large amounts of music is to run Winamp, find a station I like and run a plug-in called streamripper. Let it run all day or night and each song will be saved in mp3 format with title and artist info. Downside is that on some stations you might get a partial station id jingle at the beginning of a song. Not a big deal for me.

if you are buying them, just make sure you get them licensed for use anytime, not just while you are a subscriber and that they do not need to access the web to play (ie wont work in an mp3 player, cd, etc)

Get a Zune. $14.95 a month for as many songs as you can fit on your player. The catch is that they expire if you don't continue the monthly fee. The sound quality on a Zune is also much better than an iPod. I have both, and almost never use the iPod for music.

As a warning, research your isp. Some isp's don't have a problem crushing you so Lars can get his gold plated swimming pool. Time Warner is a bad...bad isp...bad. Your safer having a small, newer isp that's local to your area. There is no such thing as free music. Just resaerch and be careful. Or get music with DRM on it. Good luck. :whistle:

Get a Zune. $14.95 a month for as many songs as you can fit on your player. The catch is that they expire if you don't continue the monthly fee. The sound quality on a Zune is also much better than an iPod. I have both, and almost never use the iPod for music.

Not Since 2007, itunes has all their content at .99 cents a song now, they are 256kbps AAC encoded, and DRM-Free.

You can rip at whatever data rate you like.

iTunes Plus now includes artists from Sub Pop, Nettwerk, Beggars Group, IODA, The Orchard and many others. All iTunes Plus tracks feature DRM-free music with high-quality 256 kbps AAC encoding, offering audio quality virtually indistinguishable from the original recordings.

Besides, all 8 Zunes in the hands of consumers hasn't really made itself a standard. :whistle:

And FWIW. Theft is theft. Might as well be boosting Motorcycle parts, or pocketing cigarettes at 7-11. Theft is theft, there's no honor, no dignity, no imagined Robin Hood type stealing from the rich sorta BS. It's just theft, plain and simple.

Back