Legal advice

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
Hey Buddies,

Here's the brief version :

My Father is a business man who has lent $ to various friends and biz associates for many years, and allways does so with all legal doc's in place ... and of course a decent interest return.
This "contractor" borrows $50K, 2 years ago builds - sells - all good - Dad gets paid.
Last year "contractor" does same 2 more times - all good - Dad gets paid.
Last May "contractor" attempts to do the same, buys 2 properties locally, orders 2 more pre fab houses from Oregon... all paid with dads $ - then skips back to Oregon where he came from with about $100k of dads dough and wont return calls or nuthin.
We have forclosed on 1 property and proceeding with the next. The prefab houses are in upper Oregon and are now accruing storage charges.

My question is : " how can we serve this guy papers, criminal ... and or otherwise? " Sorry, we arnt interested in breakin his legs ... thanx for the thought though. Even if we sell the houses and properties I am certain it will be at a loss.

Any Lawyers out there? Thnx - Kent

If you have contracts from the borrower, take him to court and file on HIS property..

By the way ask daddy if I can borrow enough to buy one of those sporty new Red LE Busas
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

wink.gif

wink.gif

I agree with Cap, and get a real estate lawyer. Eewww, just Saying Lawyer, pitooie.

You could possibly consider a theft by conversion or theft of services charge. If he knew that he was going to defraud your father there is a criminal element there. Check with your local authorities and explain the situation. They will tell you.
cool.gif
cool.gif

cool.gif

Good luck in resolving this.
wink.gif

It would have to be one hell of a return for me to consider putting capital on the line for that.
rock.gif

Thanx guyz, real estate recovery is not too big of a problem and it is underway as I type, and we actually have a lean on the modular homes ... however the $ paid was over inflated and I believe we also have a claim against the broker who sold them to the contractor as he wayyyyyy overstated ( in writing ) the actual purchase price to the contractor. Contractor about $50K for 2 homes and reciept signed and sent to us was allmost double so contrator and broker pocketed the rest.

The reason I think the contractor bailed was the 2nd property he bought we just found out is not buildable but I am applying for a varience.  To be continued ...  
rock.gif

sad.gif

mad.gif

<!--EDIT|Hawaiibusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1075350379 -->

Ayyy! I'm from New York (You got a problem with dat maybe?!?)

As you are part of the family, today we will do you a favor and dispense justice. Someday (and that day may not come) the family will ask you for a favor.
cool.gif

TRy to file a lien against his PERSONAL ASSETS if he is not incorporated or if his name is the only name on the loan document. He may not mind losing the "biznes property" but I bet he'll call back if their a lein against his PERSONAL DWELLING

Ayyy! I'm from New York (You got a problem with dat maybe?!?)

As you are part of the family, today we will do you a favor and dispense justice.  Someday (and that day may not come) the family will ask you for a favor.
cool.gif
Let me introduce you to my little friend...  
guns.gif
C.M.U.  ( crack me up ... )    
tounge.gif
   some how I knew that would creep in to this topic. Thanx Lo & Mikey.

<!--EDIT|Hawaiibusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1075350557 -->

Back