Leather Jacket Care

M3Busa

Registered
What do you guys do for your leather riding jackets?  Do you apply any leather care products or no, if so what?  I have a jacket that looks awesome and I want it to retain its look for a long time.  I hate to admit this, but the last leather item I owned was a baseball mitt that I had to put leather oil on it to aide in the break in.

Generally---I use a soft cloth and warm water and clean off all the bug splats. Once clean, I use just a VERY SMALL amount of Mother's Leather creme on a soft rag and work into the leather. This is a product that's sold in the auto section of any car parts store. It's generally used to care for leather car seats. This probably isn't the most scientific method, but it keeps my leathers looking good. I'm interested in other's methods too.

Get
*Conditioning oil (keeps leather hydrated and supple to prevent drying & cracking)and

*Leather cleaning solution (cleans leather without causing blemishes)

*Can be obtained from your local leathershop or cobbler (shoe repair shop).

Mike B

Neatsfoot oil is real good on leather. That is what We have used on all of our Hardley Dangerous leathers and Fringe. Yes I said fringe. We call them street sweepers

I first use a leather cleaner then a leather conditioner. Seems to keep them looking good. I also use the conditioner on my leather furniture at home. They have the cream and also wipes in the automotive section at most stores.

Generally---I use a soft cloth and warm water and clean off all the bug splats.  Once clean, I use just a VERY SMALL amount of Mother's Leather creme on a soft rag and work into the leather.  This is a product that's sold in the auto section of any car parts store.  It's generally used to care for leather car seats.  This probably isn't the most scientific method, but it keeps my leathers looking good.  I'm interested in other's methods too.
+1!!!

Saddle soap to clean, Pledge to protect. Don't believe me about Pledge? Suggest reading the label for applications. Been using it for years on anything leather, bike gear, car interiors, leather furniture etc. I quit using it on bike seats, makes them just a bit to slikery.

I use for 20 years only hand cream.Any kind or brand.A leather expert once told me.....do whatever you do with your own skin.Anything else is just a waste of money.So ..after cleaning with a water dampened cloth then spread hand cream and done

I use for 20 years only hand cream.Any kind or brand.A leather expert once told me.....do whatever you do with your own skin.Anything else is just a waste of money.So ..after cleaning with a water dampened cloth then spread hand cream and done
Jergens?
ohsnap1.gif

I use Lexol as well, everybody was swearing by it. I could not find it locally by I ordered in on the Internet. The price was good but the cost of shipping was more that the product. It dose work great!
google.gif
google.gif

google.gif

Back