Laminar Lip

looks like this

hayabusa_lip.jpg

thats one odd looking thing... me no like.
sad.gif

Might be a better solution than that funny looking sport touring screen from Zero Gravity...depending on how well it works of course.

Someone capitalizing off of BMW designs. It might work, but so would taking a train. A little over the top for me.

Alien,
When you get that thing, post some pics. It looks interesting and I'd like to see it from other angles.

I think it looks good actually from the picture... much better then the touring screens which I think look out of place... I am holding my final decsion though for a full body photo with it.

Cloud

I'd be very interested in hearing a testimony from someone on this board of their experience with it. I haven’t decided whether i like it or not, the same with just the concept, but interesting is rather how I’d describe it.

It looks like one of those products you love it or hate it at first site, but if it works you just never know.

interesting look. Don't know if I'd go for it, but then again, I didn't like that copper and silver color combo at first.

umnik.gif
Thanks gang!  It arrived on friday, I found it on the front step as I got home from a ride over 84 from Woodside to the Coast.  (Bay Area riders know the route.
firedevil.gif
)  
I had an great ride on the stock screen.  The lower half of the top to Coast part of the ride is fairly open sweepers and I cruised through from 60-90 and the thing that always gets me is cranking thriugh the corners in a full tuck on the Busa.  (I'm telling you about this sweet March ride as much to demonstrate the difference in comfort with the Lip as to make the snow bounder Busa riders jealous.
poke.gif
)  
I opened the package after I got home and fiddled through setting it up.  I agree that it looks a little wierd at first.  
I rode into my Reserve Drill on Saturday morning, a chilly 45 ish out, and quickly noticed a big difference in the "pocket" behind the screen/lip.  I opened it up to about 150 and the Lip didn't quaver any more than the stock screen does at that speed and I was not needing to tuck nearly as much.

After I finished for the day I had time to go up to Alice's (top of 84 on the way to the Coast) and was the ONLY Busa in the bunch, the highest count was
guns.gif
cloner R1's.  The ride to the coast was even better than the day before, without needing to tuck as much, I was much more comfortable with the long sweepers averaging 15-20 faster than before.  I did manage to get the Lip's fasteners to move on a passing set on 1 north, I don't know if it was the speed or the cross winds or both that did it.  A quick wiggle and squeeze and it was back in place.

End result--->  I like it! (the total cost was $92 dropped on the door price)

I'll take a couple of pic's this week and add them here and to my Busa page, after a couple of weeks I write to the Lip people as well.

<!--EDIT|CorrodedAlien
Reason for Edit: "just because..."|1078714340 -->

I think it looks ok. I want less wind buffeting sitting up at 80+ on longer rides. I tried a double bubble and it was different but not much better so I'll try the sport touring screen this week as the snow has just melted. Have you ever tried a different screen, can you compare the lip to them?

Nope... I'm in a bit of a $$$ bind and have to watch what I spend what litle $$ I have. I would try one if I could swap with someone around here.

ya know.. i think i kinda like that.. at first i thought it looked liked a spoiler on the wrong end.. but after i looked at it more it's kinda growin' on me.. kinda anxious to see the other pics your takin' corroded.

how exactly does it attached to the shield?

The leading edge from uses the screen screws and the rest is held w/ a type of super velcro fastners that you can move it adjust (a little). You'll see when I have a chance to grab some shots of it outside. I'll try in the morning.

Back