Windshield for a tall GUY

ta-kid

Registered
Ok,I had a stock windshield on my K8 when i bought it but being 6 foot 3 ,I could not see the Gauges at a glance so I got the Suzuki touring shield.It fixed my Gauge sight line but Now the wind pressure off the shield,instead of hitting me in the upper chest with the stocker,now hits the lower part of my helmet creating noise issues inside my helmet.I was considering a laminar touring lip,but was wondering who makes the tallest clear or light tint bubble windshield?
So what are you taller guys using that you are happy with.Any pics or links would be appreciated.Or is the laminar lips the way to go?

Puig double bubble. Also 6'3"ish with a Gen1

IMG_1998 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:
You might want to check out the Zero Gravity Sport Touring screen. Here it is on the left compared to the Double Bubble and the SR series:

xcomp_2.jpg

Gord, windscreens are both functional and very much an appearance mod imo (I have 5), at least when it comes to the double bubbles. If you opt for the DB style, find a brand you like the look of and run with it. I got the Hot Bodies Double Bubble a couple days ago have need to put it on & shoot some pics of it. Ones I carry are the Zero Gravity, Yana Shiki R Series, and the Hot Bodies.

I wonder if there is a taller one out there than Zero Gravity's ST screen. I had one of these on my ZX-11D and loved. Note that ZG also has a 30-day money back guarantee on their Sport-Touring screen if you didn't like it. Their ST screen is typically a love-hate in our discussions here aboout it. :laugh:

ZG_ST_5_ranger.jpg

BBMykey_hayabusa_2.jpg

ZG_ST_4_pine.jpg

ZG_ST_5_ranger.jpg

BBMykey_hayabusa_2.jpg

ZG_ST_4_pine.jpg

Gord, windscreens are both functional and very much an appearance mod imo (I have 5), at least when it comes to the double bubbles. If you opt for the DB style, find a brand you like the look of and run with it. I got the Hot Bodies Double Bubble a couple days ago have need to put it on & shoot some pics of it. Ones I carry are the Zero Gravity, Yana Shiki R Series, and the Hot Bodies.

I wonder if there is a taller one out there than Zero Gravity's ST screen. I had one of these on my ZX-11D and loved. Note that ZG also has a 30-day money back guarantee on their Sport-Touring screen if you didn't like it. Their ST screen is typically a love-hate in our discussions here aboout it. :laugh:

View attachment 134861

View attachment 134862

View attachment 134863
Hey that even looks like a bike i own.LOL Yea the ST model actually looks ok on the Busa to me,but I am sure Riders here perfer the sportier look of stock or DB.

Ok,I had a stock windshield on my K8 when i bought it but being 6 foot 3 ,I could not see the Gauges at a glance so I got the Suzuki touring shield.It fixed my Gauge sight line but Now the wind pressure off the shield,instead of hitting me in the upper chest with the stocker,now hits the lower part of my helmet creating noise issues inside my helmet.I was considering a laminar touring lip,but was wondering who makes the tallest clear or light tint bubble windshield?
So what are you taller guys using that you are happy with.Any pics or links would be appreciated.Or is the laminar lips the way to go?

The Laminar lip is a disaterous. I tried and found that:
- The wind protection is questionable.
- Massive wind noise.
- The bike tends to want to stay up right in corners which is very scary.

As such not recommendable.

I am the same height than you and after 5 screens settled on the Zero Gravity Sports Screen.

Even this is not perfect but the best for our lenght.

Hope this helps???

i'm 6'2", i just hunch down at times, i just love the standard screen, it looks so much more sleek.

each to their own

Back