Kids in cars?

Oddly I've never had a Fast and Fugtardious ricer challenge me on the Busa. I doubt there's a single one out there that doesn't know exactly what a Busa is capable of.

The 30 something guy driving a 2006 minivan living out his preprogrammed life is what I always get challenged by. Take off from the light, leave Busa in first, get revs up...engine sounds like it's doing something. Lamer in minivan is keeping up and thinks "hey I think I can take it!" and mashes gas pedal to floor. At this point I make eye contact just before snapping the throttle back and letting it rip. Time to aim that minivan towards home so you can go edge the lawn douche bag!

Q-tips in Mercedes are always up for a race too...I believe Mercedes has taken the mid-life crisis title away from the Corvette long ago. My best kill ever was against an SL65. My little 500 v-twin nailed it, I expected much more out of a $180,000 car!

lol never had anyone ask me to race...wait...i always going home from work at 12am...so not much raceing going on out on the country roads at that point

Lamer in minivan is keeping up and thinks "hey I think I can take it!" and mashes gas pedal to floor.  At this point I make eye contact just before snapping the throttle back and letting it rip.  Time to aim that minivan towards home so you can go edge the lawn douche bag!
LMFAO at that one. Can somehow picture that perfectly in my head and the edging like a douche bag thing too. Damn I hate keeping up a good lookin' yard!
laugh.gif

The tuner guys don't just want to race Busa's, they want to race EVERYBODY! Sportbikes, Harleys, Subarus...it doesn't matter. I suppose they win a fair share of the time, but they must also lose a ton. Back in my day (I sound old here), losing a race was humiliating. I guess the tuner guys don't really care if they win or not. As long as their exhaust is HUGE and LOUD.

"Douchebags"
Yup, that's the right word.
biggrin.gif

The tuner guys don't just want to race Busa's, they want to race EVERYBODY!  Sportbikes, Harleys, Subarus...it doesn't matter.  I suppose they win a fair share of the time, but they must also lose a ton.  Back in my day (I sound old here), losing a race was humiliating.  I guess the tuner guys don't really care if they win or not.  As long as their exhaust is HUGE and LOUD.

"Douchebags"
Yup, that's the right word.
biggrin.gif
+1

I never get challenged. Most of the younger crowd that hangs out around my area know what a Busa is.

I actually get more middle aged guys in their Audi's, BMW's, etc wanting to run. Not too many kids. And the rice community is BIG around here....Even my buddy was into it...Of course he has about 10g in the motor and out ran a Viper in it...but it still has the coffee can muffler on it...

Yep , it's usually been the Fast and Furious types ! Although there was this V-Rod one time too .
biggrin.gif
Ha Ha Ha !

My best kill ever was against an SL65.  My little 500 v-twin nailed it, I expected much more out of a $180,000 car!
You just reminded me, the Wiff and I chewed one of those up and shat him out just a couple of weeks ago!

Funny stuff.

--Wag--
Heh...when I got home I had to do a Google search on it because I was actually impressed on how well it held up against my bike. I'm not into Mercedes and had no idea that thing was a high end exotic.

I became less impressed when I found out the price tag and that for ~$110,000 less a Z06 will destroy it in every aspect. Top speed of the twin turbo V12 SL65 would probably be impressive if it wasn't restriced to 155 mph. I wonder if I could buy a TRE for one on ebay?
smile.gif

I love to let them think there winning and pass em on one wheel, it scares the hell out of em. RS-3's:

<!--EDIT|stlbusarider
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149811871 -->

Back