Kickstand mod

bstamper

Registered
I was just reading a post where someone was asking where the kickstand mod was? They posted a link to Here. As I looked thru the mod i didn't see anyone post who had an 08? Has this been fixed in 08? Is it still an issue? Anyone had an 08 fall over on them yet... (due to this issue
laugh.gif
)?

did the the 03, two 06's and 08. so easy to do for a little more piece of mind. If you have any doubts this is worth it.... find a busa with it, from the back push on it. then go push on your non mod busa. You should notice the mod will seems to lock the stand and it is much more secure if someone bumps the bike. It is just a little more peace of mind. Its free, easy to do and may save you from seeing your baby lying on the ground leaking oil and a bunch of scratched plastic. $$ you could use for something you wanted, not something you have to buy. I wish they would make a stand that locked in place. Harley does........it does not make sense they do.............. the only other one I have seen on a metric bike was the old Kawi police bike.
You do these things to protect your property from others, you know the ones..... they have no respect for other peoples property.

There's no need to do the kick stand mod on any of them in my book. Just put it in gear and roll it forward till all the slack is out of the chain then set it down on the stand. Voila, instant kick stand mod, no Dremel required.
Honestly, this was a bigger issue on the ZRX1200 as the Busa kickstand goes farther past center than the Rex does and this procedure worked perfectly for me for 3 years and has served well so far on the Busa, even parked facing downhill.
As for someone messing with it, I never let my bike out of my sight in public places for very long and if there is people I don't know standing around, not at all.

I did the mod on my '06, and just did it on my '08. Call me crazy, but I worry less.
thumb_up.gif

There's no need to do the kick stand mod on any of them in my book. Just put it in gear and roll it forward till all the slack is out of the chain then set it down on the stand. Voila, instant kick stand mod, no Dremel required.
Honestly, this was a bigger issue on the ZRX1200 as the Busa kickstand goes farther past center than the Rex does and this procedure worked perfectly for me for 3 years and has served well so far on the Busa, even parked facing downhill.
As for someone messing with it, I never let my bike out of my sight in public places for very long and if there is people I don't know standing around, not at all.
i would think people would only do this mod if they lower the bike...

i also think it would be pointless otherwise...

02, (2) '06's and '08; never did it; never needed to.

Guess it's just one of those personal things... I also still have the reflectors on my bike, so maybe that says something about me. Hmm...

laugh.gif

Back