Kawasaki (ZX-14R) and Sport Rider Magazine.......Tell us how you really feel!!

Big Moe

Registered
Hadn't check the mail in a couple days, but when I do look what I find in the mailbox! Now if this isn't a damn slap in the face Suzuki I don't know what is! I have never, ever seen where a major motorcycle brand took a direct shot at another bike BY NAME!! Ok Suzuki, its gonna take a lil more than new graphics/color schemes next year to get Kawasaki off your a$&!! What do you all think?! Will Suzuki let the Hayabusa DIE LIKE THIS?!!!

cover.jpg

cover1.jpg

page1.jpg

page2.jpg

I got this mag a couple of weeks ago. You're right about the personal call out by Kawi and even the article points that out.

Nearly every worldwide superbike publication has the 2012 zx14r on its cover and maintain how insanely fast it is. And they make sure to include a line saying how the hayabusa has been overshadowed completely. Since the 2012 hayabusa range is already out , we can only hope 2013 is the year to get the crown back.

Cycle World doesn't attack the Hayabusa like Sport Rider, but it clearly makes the point. I've never ridden the Kawi, and even though it's a nice looking bike, I still prefer the Busa.

when a bike with a good tune can make 215-220hp without adding cams, bigger cc's, nos, etc.... it is impressive and surely is the new King. its got a hundred cubic inches on the busa. there is no replacement for displacement...... unless u add a Turbo...:rofl:

when a bike with a good tune can make 215-220hp without adding cams, bigger cc's, nos, etc.... it is impressive and surely is the new King. its got a hundred cubic inches on the busa. there is no replacement for displacement...... unless u add a Turbo...:rofl:

Correction....it's got 100 cubic centimeters. Will a 1440 kit busa make 215? I don't know if it will or not but it certainly won't have warranty.

That big green missile still can't corner!

Correction....it's got 100 cubic centimeters. Will a 1440 kit busa make 215? I don't know if it will or not but it certainly won't have warranty.

That big green missile still can't corner!
if someone wants a cornering bike they can buy a 1000rr. the Busa is not a cornering bike but probably handles better then the Kawi but id bet not by much. its just too heavy.

if they would just redesign it to look more appealing it would make quite a few Busa owners Kawi owners. but if one wants to go forced induction there is stil no better bike then a Busa to do that with but most ppl are more then happy with 210+ hp.

the 14 is gonna hurt a lotta feelings this summer.....:whistle:

I'm sure suzuki must have some secret weapon planned for future release while they maximize on the success of the gen1 & gen2. I can't imagine a big corporate company with smart heads can just sit back and relax. They WILL have an answer and it will be better than the zx14r.

Speaking of the zx14, just see how giddy Mr. Brock is in this video:

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as i know, Suzuki sales have been in the toilet. Uhhhh.......they even had to skip a year of production just to compensate. Remember ?? I don't see them trying to design a new contender to compete in a shrinking market. People just haven't been buying brand new bikes as quickly as they did a few years ago. I would not have great expectations for 2013. I hope I'm wrong.

Hey Suzuki were waiting .Folks, you know somthings on the drawing board its just a matter of time .After the introduction of the rr1000 and its wide popularity .I got this feeling that the next gen is going to be A REAL KILLER.

So what more do you guys want? To really blow the new Kawi away Suzi would have to give us 225hp or more stock with fat cans on her ass. To really blow that Kawi away and get covers like its doing now the GenIII Busa would have to be so crazy stupid powerful I think it would again call attn to ourselves from govt naysayers. I just don't see it happening. Suzi held the crown for a decade or more. I see Kawi now doing the same.

Im glad they laid the smack down on Zuk. They deserve it in my opinion. Need to see a truly updated bike in every area.

Where have I seen this before? ?? Oh Yeah, when the Busa stomped on my steed the Super Blackird. Well for those of you who weren't around then Honda didn't answer back. They just sort of got out of the game. Lets hope that Suzi doesn't follow suit. What it did for me though is make me a more educated and mature consumer. I learned that I didn't need to chase the hype of the moment to be happy. I only wish that the article had come out last year so that I might have got a better deal on my recent Busa purchase. Find what makes you happy, not what the marketing department feeds you. Good thread OP!

Back