Kawabuser\'s GPS mount

OB_KawAbuser

Registered
The mount is a SAENG steering stem mount, I changed the part that fits in the stem to a part from CRG who makes the excellant bar end mirror on the bike.

Spencer, can help you at CRG.
831-451-1613
spencer@constructorsrg.com
(billet internal bar end mirror adapter)
The part that SAENG sends is a cheap plastic part that does not fit the stem very well.

Consider mounting the V1 in the rear cowl, radar passes through your body.

I ran my power leads from the battery to the power tap(located in trunk) along frame spars to the front of the bike and do not have any problems. Maybe you have a loose connection(weak crimp on the connectors).

I saw pics of your bike and noticed the (GPS??) mount on your
steering head pivot- is that mount handmade, or where did you get it?

I mounted my Valentine One inside the nose fairing just to the left of the headlight on my
Hayabusa, works fine until I start the motor, then continuous false alarms. I called the company, they said it might be too close to the coil-over-plugs magnetic field, try disabling the laser function. Anybody know how to mount this detector inside the fairing so it works? Maybe I'll just mount it up top, but I sure don't trust those litte suction cups to hold it to the windshield.

I mounted my V1 inside the front fairing on the right hand side between the headlight assy and the fairing slope. I have not had any "false signals" from my location at all.

Sounds like to me that something is obstructing the rear controlls/feedhorn on the V1. I have noticed that if they are not free of obstructions, then you get that signal like you describe (constant beeeeep).

Make sure you mount the detector so that the rear feedhorn (that reds plastic cover) is at the top of the detector and nothing is around it (tape, foam, etc).

Back