Katrina survivors...

what city does BACHARLES live in? I know he was going to move, but not sure if he did or not yet..
I think he worked in Lake Charles La..... (but was offered a job in NewOrleans after his Company changed hands last month...) I don't think he took it though. because he said in one of the last post I read that he was moving to Houston TX. where his family was...

Hope he is ok where ever he is... ( he did say we wouldn't be hearing from him as much because most of his post was made while he was at work...

what city does BACHARLES live in? I know he was going to move, but not sure if he did or not yet..
I think he worked in Lake Charles La.....  (but was offered a job in NewOrleans after his Company changed hands last month...) I don't think he took it though. because he said in one of the last post I read that he was moving to Houston TX. where his family was...

Hope he is ok where ever he is... ( he did say we wouldn't be hearing from him as much because most of his post was made while he was at work...
you are right, but 'not as much' doesn't mean nothing from him.

how are you and yours doing??!!

I think he worked in Lake Charles La.....  (but was offered a job in NewOrleans after his Company changed hands last month...) I don't think he took it though. because he said in one of the last post I read that he was moving to Houston TX. where his family was...

you are right, but 'not as much' doesn't mean nothing from him.

how are you and yours doing??!!
we got some of the wind... but no damage or flooding...
I'm north of the disaster area... so every thing here is ok!

glad to hear your okay! what a disaster...
sad.gif

After hearing some first hand reports and some graphic information from Tavis Smiley on the Tom Joyner Show, I can only pray that everyone is ok and just unable to communicate right now because they are getting to a safe place. I am sure that everyone here is praying for a safe return of our Hayabusa friends as well as their families.

I hope Brian checks in very soon...he's been on my mind...I'm watching way too much Fox News channel lately and I'm very worried about him...

I don't think he moved yet...I know he took a job offer he'd had, but I honestly don't think he left the area yet...come on Brian, check in with someone...
sad.gif

My heart and soul goes to all that have been affected by this recent tragedy, as a veteran of the 2004 storm season in FL.(got wacked 3 times last year)I know the feeling of being battered,bruised and wrecked, It's an awful place to be,the worst of it is no one can really help,no power no food no water,and forget gas theres none to be had, no communication is one of the problems(it's hard to deal without knowing what's happening in the world)that makes matters even worse.
watching it unfold on tv is bad,very depressing,but in real life it's way worse.
for example puposes if your doing 100mph,sit up(PLEASE HOLD ON TIGHTLY) imagine that for 10, 12, 14 hours and it's intolerable, then you just get beat down, and start to not care about anything.
Words just can't explain the feelings of sadness and worry I have for the people.
sorry for the rant I'm just bummed out.

I live in Hattiesburg, Ms which is only 60 miles from the coast. We got hit pretty hard, and just now can get on the computer. We have lots of damage and people still without power. It was scary at the worst part, because the house would shake from the wind. Will take a few months to get back to semi normal.

Brian's okay.  He PM'd me a few days ago.  I'm keeping my finger crossed for the others.
BACHARLES?
rock.gif
Yes.

Here's what he sent:

(TruWrecks @ Aug. 30 2005 @ 21:45) said:
I'm worried about ya! How'd you fair? Let me know if I can do anything to help. I have a sister in Pensacola (displaced from Bay of St. Louis. She lost everything, but her family.

God Speed!

Doug

Thanx for the concern, but I'm cool. I live about 3hrs west of New Orleans and we didn't get even a single drop of rain.

POR15,
Hey Man, I am in Hattiesburg, right now, but I didn't bring the bike, I am working at Camp Shelby during the day, and living at the Holiday Inn by the junction of 49 & 59 ! I am glad to see you survived the storm ! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help while I am here !

lmini001.gif

Steve.

Hello all, I know, I really dont qualify as a "member" since I am currently just a wannabe Busa owner (still looking at purchasing in October or November) but I do live and work in the areas hardest hit by Katrina and thought I'd pipe up with some comments.

The areas of the western Mississippi coast and Eastern La. coast got pretty well leveled. I have one employee who lived in a city called Pearlington literally had his house washed away by 20' foot of moving water.
Another who lived in Biloxi lost her uncle to drowning.

Essentially, anyone who lived near a bayou, river or even "wetlands" (we used to call them swamps) and were situated close (within 3 miles) to the Gulf got some flood damage.

I as well join the rest here in praying for the best for those who had to endure the storm in either MS or LA.

I guess it was best summed up by a radio broadcast I heard while I was in south MS trying to find employees, freinds and provide what supplies I could to folks, it went something like this;
a radio broadcaster asked the audience what they thought a 12" x 12" x 12" box filled with water would weigh? I guessed around 20 lbs.
He went on to say that one cubic foot of water actually weighs like 64.5 lbs.!
Imagine a how many boxes would fit in a swell that was 10' deep, covered 60 miles of coastline and was moving at 5 mph!

I10 (near Pascagoula) has damage and is partially closed because a tug boat and crane affixed to a barge hit an elevated section of it and I10 is a good 2 miles from the Gulf! Its awesome and its sad and I have lived it for nearly two weeks.

Phone services in Mobile Al, and south MS are bad but improving. What we have is an inability to dial anything but local numbers. Cellular is tough as well although things are improving quickly.
If you know or are worried about anyone and have not heard from them it is probably because of phone and transmission line damage - or they are waiting at an intersection that used to have signal lights and is now a poorly functioning 4 way stop!
Last I heard 147 dead in the three south MS counties and around 500 in New Orleans.

Rough deal but this is what we get for living in paradise and walking down the beach in shorts at Thanksgiving...

Take Care!

Back