K&N release in spring 99 / Airbox ?

OB_KawAbuser

Registered
To clear a few things up that have been rumored on the net.

Some people claimed to have K&N filters in their busa in the past year, they were confused perhaps with the (BMC-Italy)
filters that are available from either Yoshimura or Factory.

The K&N Hayabusa replacement filter WILL be available in the spring of 2000.

K&N is NOT developing a replacment airbox for the Hayabusa presently or in the future. (rumor originated on the Hayabusa one-list)

[This message has been edited by KawAbuser (edited 14 December 1999).]

Thanks KawAbuser. I'll wait patiently.

Those K&N people make a great product but gawd they're slow. I mean how tough can this be? They've gotta be making too much money.

What's your source KawAbuser? A Dynojet rep at their booth at the Long Beach show told me specifically that K&N is developing a combo air box-filter for the Hayabusa and Dynojet was planning to issue a PCII map for it as soon as it was available.

BMC has proven itself on the busa already. We will see if K&N will beat it or tie it. I don't think they will be any worst.

ROR I asked K&N yesterday and got this as a reply from them direct:

"We are currently developing the K&N stock replacement filter for the Hayabusa which is expected to be released by early Spring. There is not anyplans on making an aftermarket airbox though." K&N 12/14/99

We do offer the PowerCommander II for this motorcycle. This is a tuning kit forspecific fuelinjected models. The part number is 83304-111 and the retail price is $299.00. For more information on this kit go to www.powercommander.com.
Thank you.

Sometimes it is hard to believe the story even when the horse speaks, then again we spoke with differant horses.

ROR, does K&N make airboxes for any motorcycles?

That sounds as authoritative as you can get KawAbuser. Thanks. I don't know of any K&N airboxes. I haven't looked at my airbox so I don't know what's unique about it that would make it difficult to make a K&N filter for it.

I am happy so far with the BMC and a stock airbox.

My question was passed through two K&N exec. types. Hey, Dynojet promised a PCII map for the Yosh RS3 six months ago, and every time I inquired it was either just a couple of weeks away or we can't get a pipe from Yosh.

DynoMark was here posting and DJ yanked his chain from posting, I don't understand why but thats what happened. How Hayabusa.org could harm any concerned vendor I don't know.

There will be carbon fiber airboxes soon enough but who and when??????????

Back