Just witnessed the most awful thing

Posts like this piss me off on several levels.

First... if you believe a dog should be shot for being loose and coming in your yard, then the same should hold true for your CAT coming in my yard.

Secondly, I get VERY tired of people always throwing pit bulls in a topic like this. I currently own one (my 4th) and she is a PHENOMENAL dog. However, I also made sure that as she was growing up she was socialized with other animals - dogs, cats, and PEOPLE. Also, my neighbors and their kids all know her and LOVE her... and the couple times she has "escaped" from my back yard they have taken her in or returned her home.

So... since some people would say "I have my .357 and if your dog looks crosseyed at my kids, I'll put a couple rounds in it... " then I would say to you if your kid looks crosseyed at my dog or teases it, I will BEAT YOUR KID'S ASS AND PRESS CHARGES FOR HARRASSMENT.

Sh!t like this goes both ways. I've had sh!tass neighbors that teased my dogs, or didn't even get to know them and had attitudes towards them... then wonder why my dogs don't like them.

True, bad owners are a big problem... but so are narrow minded jackasses that are clueless about animals.

If someone told me that if my dog comes in their yard it won't be coming home, then I would warn them it goes both ways with their kids, cats and anything else... and don't think I'd be a nice neighbor about ANYTHING after that.

/rant

Sorry to hear about the crappy dogs killing the cat... socialization and a responsible owner would have prevented the problem. I just hate hearing people pass judgement by breeds etc...

(SpeedGeek @ Aug. 27 2007,10:54) Posts like this piss me off on several levels.

First... if you believe a dog should be shot for being loose and coming in your yard, then the same should hold true for your CAT coming in my yard.  

Secondly, I get VERY tired of people always throwing pit bulls in a topic like this.  I currently own one (my 4th) and she is a PHENOMENAL dog.  However, I also made sure that as she was growing up she was socialized with other animals - dogs, cats, and PEOPLE.  Also, my neighbors and their kids all know her and LOVE her... and the couple times she has "escaped" from my back yard they have taken her in or returned her home.  

So... since some people would say "I have my .357 and if your dog looks crosseyed at my kids, I'll put a couple rounds in it... " then I would say to you if your kid looks crosseyed at my dog or teases it, I will BEAT YOUR KID'S ASS AND PRESS CHARGES FOR HARRASSMENT.  

Sh!t like this goes both ways.  I've had sh!tass neighbors that teased my dogs, or didn't even get to know them and had attitudes towards them... then wonder why my dogs don't like them.  

True, bad owners are a big problem... but so are narrow minded jackasses that are clueless about animals.

If someone told me that if my dog comes in their yard it won't be coming home, then I would warn them it goes both ways with their kids, cats and anything else... and don't think I'd be a nice neighbor about ANYTHING after that.

/rant

Sorry to hear about the crappy dogs killing the cat... socialization and a responsible owner would have prevented the problem.  I just hate hearing people pass judgement by breeds etc...
Unforunetly, this is the norm for people that have little knowledge of the breed and what they are really about. I have 3 myself, these dogs are not LIKE a part of the family, they ARE a part of the family. I have one adult male, and adult female, and a 6 month old puppy. I have two daughters and they each sleep with one of the dogs EVERY night, and the dogs sleep in the bed with them at that.  Now I know this is not the norm having a 90lb. pit sleeping with a 12 year old, but that's how they were raised. It's all in how they were raised and taken care of. I don't care what kind of dog it is, you keep it chained up and ignore it then it will be anti-social.....fact!! But some of these remarks about, "i will shoot your dog just for being outside and off a chain" is ludacrious.  I am not one these people that let there dogs run loose at ALL, but if for some reason they were to break the fence or dig out, I would hope that you can make a truly unbiased decision on the dogs nature not his breed, because if not and you run across a owner such as myself, you are going to have a real problem. With that said if the dog is chasing kids or something to this nature then I will load the gun for you. But there are just TOO many uneducated people that believe EVERYTHING they read in the paper. I read one awhile back where a pit had attacked a four year old in Texas I think. headline said "4 Year old attacked by "FAMILY" dog. Then when you go on to read the story, they had the dog locked up in a basement and on a chain. Now what kind of "FAMILY" dog is locked in a basement and chained up? There are ALWAYS two sides to a story, too many times its the dog that's put in a negative light, and not the owner and how they were cared for....REGARDLESS OF BREED!!

(SpeedGeek @ Aug. 27 2007,12:54) Posts like this piss me off on several levels.

Secondly, I get VERY tired of people always throwing pit bulls in a topic like this.  I currently own one (my 4th) and she is a PHENOMENAL dog.  However, I also made sure that as she was growing up she was socialized with other animals - dogs, cats, and PEOPLE.  Also, my neighbors and their kids all know her and LOVE her... and the couple times she has "escaped" from my back yard they have taken her in or returned her home.  

Sh!t like this goes both ways.  I've had sh!tass neighbors that teased my dogs, or didn't even get to know them and had attitudes towards them... then wonder why my dogs don't like them.  

/rant

Sorry to hear about the crappy dogs killing the cat... socialization and a responsible owner would have prevented the problem.  I just hate hearing people pass judgement by breeds etc...
If your dogs are such pussies that my 13 year old cat is a threat, then i guess you can justify that response. I have several neighbors who have dogs that have become neighborhood nuisance, and am not the only one to have brought this to their attention. But these same people think it is rude for me to complain about their dog in my yard. So as said earlier, 1 warning and then bye bye doggie.

(DREW @ Aug. 27 2007,19:16)

/rant

If your dogs are such pussies that my 13 year old cat is a threat, then i guess you can justify that response. I have several neighbors who have dogs that have become neighborhood nuisance, and am not the only one to have brought this to their attention. But these same people think it is rude for me to complain about their dog in my yard. So as said earlier, 1 warning and then bye bye doggie.
Like I said.... jackasses that automatically threaten my dog for coming into their yard.....

My dog ISN'T a threat ... anymore than your stupid cat. THAT'S my point....

And... I guess if your cat was sh!tting and digging in my flower bed, I'd be just as "justified"...

*shakes head at the idiocy of narrow minded jackasses*

Why don't you just buy a Kawi

(SpeedGeek @ Aug. 27 2007,10:54) I will BEAT YOUR KID'S ASS

If someone told me that if my dog comes in their yard it won't be coming home, then I would warn them it goes both ways with their kids
You sound like a tough guy............in a John Wayne Gacy sort of way!
muscle.gif

(SpeedGeek @ Aug. 28 2007,20:11)
(DREW @ Aug. 27 2007,19:16)

/rant

Like I said.... jackasses that automatically threaten my dog for coming into their yard.....

My dog ISN'T a threat ... anymore than your stupid cat.  THAT'S my point....

And... I guess if your cat was sh!tting and digging in my flower bed, I'd be just as "justified"...

*shakes head at the idiocy of narrow minded jackasses*  

Why don't you just buy a Kawi
Tell the truth now. How do you really feel ?

/rant

Perhaps equating digging in the garden with physically threatening the lives of my pets was not a good idea. It is pet owners like you that claim to love their pets but let them roam that piss me off at several levels. You will never get it until one of your pets is killed or maimed by a irresponsible owner. Then we will see how you view this topic. This topic started out with no talk of Pit Bulls, even though that was what killed my 9 month old kitten in my yard. I guess if my pet cougar comes in your yard that should be ok by your thinking. I dont mean to make this a personal attack but I have felt the pain of losing a pet to neighbors pets who think like you claim to believe. No hard feelings towards you, I dont know you. And I love kawaskis too.
rant.gif
Happy motoring.
beerchug.gif

Had a Kawasaki save my life when my rear tire went flat next to a class A motor coach at about 80mph... girlfriend on the back too - any other 650 would have been down (experience talking)...

Anyhow, sounds like everyone could benefit by putting away the weapons and having an ice-cold root beer and leaving the enforcement of animal control laws to the local animal control agency and LEOs...

Here's a picture of my doggie and best friend! This dog was born to be in my family! He talks on the phone, goes to get his lesh, watches over the kids in the neighborhood and all of this was self taught! Also, doest a number of tricks! The best $500.00 dollars I've ever spent!

DSC00012__Small_.JPG

Back