Just witnessed the most awful thing

TXBusa05LE

Registered
Heard 2 dogs in the backyard going off. Couple of minutes pass and they wouldn’t quit. I walk around and see them trying to get through the fence, but on the neighbors side. They are in the yard behind hers. One does get through and crazes around in the flowerbeds. Next thing I see is the neighbor’s 90 yr old cat flying up in the air. I hooked up the water hose to spray the dog, but it was too late. A couple of more flings and he was right back in his yard. The most disturbing part was seeing the cat rise up and then just fall back over, dead. Of course none of the neighbors are around. The poor cat was so old that she probably had no fear left in her…

I have told my neighbors, "If your dogs come on my property, You wont see them again. " Zero tolerance for unchained dogs. I have 3 old cats that stay in my yard and harm nothing. had a kitten killed on my property a few years ago. Just dont tolerate irresponsible pet owners. One warning, thats it.

sad thing about most dogs. mine has gotten 4 so far... 2 of which were my own. the biggest mistake most people do is physically break it up and end up trading places with the cat.

forgot to note: all happened in my back yard. my dog is always confined there, except for walks of course, but cats, chickens, squirrels ,and a few birds have found out the hard way that they can't outrun my german shepherd. my cats are indoor/ outdoor cats. I agree fully with drew on animal control. if you let 'em run free... be prepared to lose 'em if they harm anything. I am, and with no hard feelings if it ever did happen. my .02c

(DREW @ Aug. 25 2007,16:45) I have told my neighbors, "If your dogs come on my property, You wont see them again. "  Zero tolerance for unchained dogs. I have 3 old cats that stay in my yard and harm nothing. had a kitten killed on my property a few years ago. Just dont tolerate irresponsible pet owners. One warning, thats it.
Many years ago I looked outside my front door where my wife's Lasa was sitting and all of a sudden she jumped up and took off. I knew something was wrong so out the door I went also. I saw my (small) dog go around the back with two huge Dobermans on her tail. They were going to attack her, and I grabbed a 357mag and started to "attack" them face on. All of a sudden the owner, who had been walking the Dobies without leashes screamed at them and they immediately ran back to her. That's the only thing that saved those dogs lives. I told the owner that if they could be called off during an attack, why didn't she call them off before the attack!!! I also told her that if I ever saw those dogs alone without obvious supervision that they were dead meat. I never saw them again. Keep your animals leashed! Too many pets, people, especially children have been attacked and mauled by run-a-muck dogs and I have zero tolerance for that!
guns.gif

About two years ago, my son Gavin, was bitten on the face by a neighbors dog on the military base where we were living. The dog was running around unsupervised. As soon as my son got out of the emergency room and was safe at home, I walked over and shot their dog in their yard with my .22 pistol. I never did hear another word from them. I fully expected them to report me killing their dog and have to move off base for my weapons violation, but I never heard a word from anyone.

+ 1 for drew, I had a neighbor that had a pit bull, when hids pit bull was out, so was I with my glock22 by my side. Their were kids out there playing to include mine. I told him if is dog attacked any children, two round were for his dog and two rounds were for him. he kept his dog on a lease ALWAYS.

i have an ol' black cat named "lucky". been with me for 15 years
through thick and thin, a live-in girlfriend, and two legal wives.he
always loves me no matter what. too bad people cant be like him.
one time i paid a vet $500 to do surgery on him. the choice was to amputate a leg for $100 or do the surgery for $500. i told him i couldn't
have a 3 legged cat named "lucky".
SHOCKED.gif

my folks had this little puppy who one afternoon wandered to close to the fence line of the new neighbors they had pit bulls and one of them drug the puppy under the fence and literally ate him it was horrible I'm not saying pit bulls are bad cause my best dog ever was an American Staffordshire, but it was the owners who were stupid and of coarse the dogs just paid the price.......

hmmmmm.....in the the light of all the recent pit bull maulings including loose dogs entering a persons home through a pet door and maulilng a woman while she was sleeping in her bed....i got no respect for loose dogs....but on a side note i came home from work earlyer in the week and saw my wife walking around the house with a flashlight and im like uh oh...one of the kids didnt shut the back door all the way 3 hrs ago and now they cant find my 8 month old rottweiller. (he has bad hips and cant walk or run far period)...so being the responsible owner i immediately embark on a hunt...after 45 mins of 1am pounding through the woods calling for him i take my muddied up , leggs tore up from briar bushes, butt home to hear the wife calling the local po po to see if one had come up. as she is describeing our beloved pet i hear a whine....after following it i open the girls bedroom to see him happly greet me....how they missed him sleeping under the bed...well....i nursed my scrapes...thankfull he wasnt lost...and laughed

I love my dog and he is never ever unsupervised when outside a fenced area... But there is a new guy in my neighborhood with a new pitbull and that dog always seems to escape... He rushed me and my dog while on a walk and they started some minor brawling... I kicked his dog so hard in the head it couldn't stand up. I was way more angry at the owner and we almost came to blows. I still feel bad for kicking the dog and wish I could have just tuned up the neighbor. If his dog killed or injured one of my animals it would be dead. Simple as that.

Too many people tend to think of their pets as "humans" or "part of the family". They can be part of the family and should be. BUT, they will always be animals first.

WOW what a topic I have a next door neigbor as well with a Pit Bull she loves to let him out in the mornings in the front yard unleashed I told her the other day that I have a 4 year old sone and I would put a .357 bullet in that dogs head if I ever caught that dog out like tht again. Well then today the local LEO's were at her house talking to her about the dog. I bet she takes the dog in her back yard now to do it business.

(Moparict @ Aug. 26 2007,20:49) Too many people tend to think of their pets as "humans" or "part of the family". They can be part of the family and should be. BUT, they will always be animals first.
Maybe... but I would save my dog before I would save a stranger everytime.

We were out in the garage yesterday workin' on bikes and three people came by looking for their lost dogs. The mailboxes always have lost dog and lost cat signs out. Out here close to the desert though, if you lose your pet, it's pretty much coyote bait.

People claim to love their dogs and cats but they won't take the time to put up fencing to keep 'em penned in.

My next door neighbor has the right idea, though: Get your dog so fat and lazy it won't WANT to go anywhere!

--Wag--

(jessup @ Aug. 27 2007,08:11)
(Moparict @ Aug. 26 2007,20:49) Too many people tend to think of their pets as "humans" or "part of the family".  They can be part of the family and should be.  BUT, they will always be animals first.
Maybe... but I would save my dog before I would save a stranger everytime.
+1... There are good pets and bad pets just like there are good people and bad people. It seems to me the people raising the bad pets are the same ones raising bad kids. I also treat my dog like a member of the family and that includes bringing him up the right way - he knows right from wrong and gets punished when he forgets the rules.

Back