just me and a few friends having some fun

Very very cool, Johnnie . . .
It's nice to be able to finally put a voice and beat to the face :thumbsup:
I also play with a few old friends from the teenage years in the 70's. We play R&B, Pink Floyd, a bit of hard rock, blues jams, it's so much fun and entertainment. It's great that you are playing gigs, how often? How many songs in your rep?

We are mostly just basement band now. This from 5 years ago. It was our last gig after about 20 years of steady playing on the weekends circuit The two ladies in this video have both been with us on and off for ten years. We play pretty much everything but jazz and rap. From the 50's to 2010. It's a lot of fun. Now it's mostly charity stuff on occasional nights. We can put together up to ten players. Now that is a LOT of fun. Lots of 50's n 60's Motown. When I'm not playing with someone I get kinda grumpy :)

I like bands that play a wide variety music. There's a popular bar band here who do mostly country (which I don't like), but their rendition of Prince's Purple Rain is absolutely amazing. Well worth sitting through a set of songs I don't care for to hear that particular song.
Music is something which touches so many people, the ability to play it is a gift I wish I had!

Back