Just installed my Akrapovic pipe

OB_Turbo Rick

Registered
I can't get over how quiet this pipe is.
My stock mufflers had about 15 holes in each baffle and it was not to bad but the Akapovic is really quiet.
I didn't get a chance to put it on the dyno but with the micron fuel map in the PCII it felt a little weak down low felt good in the mid and stronger up top.
I can tell that the micron map is not right for the pipe but will see when I get the map from Turtle and start tweeking from there.
The fit is about as good as you can get.
I am very happy with the Akapovic.
Didn't need any block off plates for the PAIR valve I just taped the holes with a 6m X 1 tap and locktited some set screwes in place.
Turbo Rick

Hee TURBO with akrapovic pipe do you have carbon or tit. ,4-2-1 ,and is a street legal one?

jan

Hi Jan,

Another Dutchy here.

If you want "street legal" for our country you'll have to wait for Akrapovic to finish their ABE/TUV/EEG damper for the Busa.

The headers and S-bend are the same (stainless) 4-2-1 as for their other 2 dampers that are already available for quite a while.

I'm waiting for that silent damper myself and already have the rest of the system mounted as the bike's receiving some other mods and standing in my garage anyway right now.

Although many site-members here will tell you how silent the Akro is even with their louder dampers, it will not be street-legal in our country and others around us and it might well interfere with going to Assen trackdays!

Oh, almost forgot, their silent dampers are in oval titanium style only.

[This message has been edited by Animal (edited 03 January 2000).]

Turbo Rick... I am wondering about something you just said. Did you do your 200mph run with stock pipes that were drilled out.

Sounds like you got 200mph with PCII & custom map, airbox, drilled stock pipes and a cam. If that's all I'm impressed.

What tires did you use ???

Sorry ANIMAL voor de eerste vragen ik had dit nog niet gelezen ,hoeveel kost die uitlaat in nederland,ik schrijf maar even in nederlands dat is makkelijker en trouwens die anderen zijn vaak te veel met zich zelf bezig,wat zijn ,blokplates,?lees ik zo nu en dan.
alvast bedankt voor de info .
Ik heb nog geen tweedehands busa gezien trouwens.
heb jij ook een webadres van de gsx-r club?

jan

ps ze zullen zich wel weer afvragen wat hier staat haha.

Back