Just got a 2006 hayabusa and need some advice!

Manuals

Don't worry about 2nd and 6th, or the clutch, there is a shitton of fully stock busas with six digits on the odometer with no problems, mine included.

The problems stem from ham fisted riders making sloppy full throttle upshifts There I said it... LOL

If you want to worry about something, the fuel pump will probably crap out at 30thou+ miles and the reg/rec is a weak point.

Schnitz racing sells aftermarket fuel pumps, cheaper and better quality than stock.

Nice looking ride. Welcome to the Org.

cheers
ken

Manuals

Don't worry about 2nd and 6th, or the clutch, there is a shitton of fully stock busas with six digits on the odometer with no problems, mine included.

The problems stem from ham fisted riders making sloppy full throttle upshifts There I said it... LOL

If you want to worry about something, the fuel pump will probably crap out at 30thou+ miles and the reg/rec is a weak point.

Schnitz racing sells aftermarket fuel pumps, cheaper and better quality than stock.

Nice looking ride. Welcome to the Org.

cheers
ken

I had a feeling the trans issues would be rare and I’m sure those who have issues are doing clutchless shifts banging gears like nobody’s business . I was looking at those quantum pumps and grabbed One already just to have it . For the regulator rectifier, any in particular you recommend as a replacement? Might as well pick one up now and have it on the shelf just in case. I changed the plugs in this one and all had rusted bodies and where just plain nasty. I guess that is what happens when they sit for 15 years . She starts instantly now and idles much smoother. Feels excellent throughout the entire powerband.

C591317F-6145-449F-A714-25403F52B5AC.jpeg

@djdilliodon

welcome newbie :)

first of all, get the workshop manual for the gen1 including all extensions before you move just one more screw - too much damage can happen if you do not observe the specified torques.

try searching here at the org and you will find it as a download.

then please get my summarized maintenance sheet of gen1 & 2
it is my summary of 13 years of experience at busa riding and repair.

and some little hints for / about the busa aside to the manual you´ll find here at my homepage.

good luck
the old man View attachment 1636616

from across the pond
Wow you got a lot of good info there. Thanks you.

Back