John Dyson, 38, of Mechanicsville, MD RIP

Dr.Jekyll

Registered
A Maryland man died Friday as bikers began gathering in big numbers for the Atlantic Beach Bikefest.

Police said John Dyson, 38, of Mechanicsville, Md., was speeding on U.S. 17 Business in Myrtle Beach when he and his female passenger collided with a midsize sport utility vehicle at 3:20 p.m. Sgt. Janet Arrington, who heads the Myrtle Beach police traffic division, said neither of the pair, riding a Suzuki Hayabusa, was wearing a helmet. S.C. law does not require motorcycle riders older than 21 to wear helmets.

The pair were taken to Grand Strand Regional Medical Center, where Dyson died of multiple trauma at 4:36 p.m., Horry County Deputy Coroner Tamara Willard said.

Dyson's passenger remained hospitalized in serious condition Friday night. Willard said Dyson was visiting the area with a nephew and friends.

Before the crash, Dyson sped away from a group of other riders as they traveled north on U.S. 17 Business, Arrington said. Dyson collided with a Hyundai Santa Fe turning left onto 18th Avenue North. The impact caused Dyson and his passenger to be thrown into the roadway, said Arrington, who estimated Dyson was traveling in excess of 60 mph. The speed limit is 35 mph in that area, Arrington said.

My prayers to his family and friends
sad.gif

Sad indeed...but it must serve as a reminder to us all...always, always do what you can to minimize the risk associated with the sport we love and always, always ride safe!!
Busabad

makes u think....i know better and still dont wear my lid:(
ya gotta do it bro. wear that lid.

I had a slow speed get-off last week and the scrapes I got on my helmet would have done some serious damage to my mellon.

As is was, I got back on and rode another 240 miles. A little sore, but basically no worse for wear.

WEAR THE LID MAN!

My prayers and condolences are out to this riders family. No matter the conditions you must always wear proper protection. Unfortunately this rider paid the ultimate price. Such a loss.
down.gif

My best wishes to the survivors and May they get the comfort and grace they need. I sincerely hope he was right with God.
sad.gif

Back