Jeb Corliss (Wingsuit) pushes his luck one too many times..

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
One of these days....there's no skydive worth never getting to skydive again....

Last edited by a moderator:
Ouch. So how bad were his injuries? Lucky he had sense and ability to toss chute. It seemed like it helped just a bit?

That guy is capable of doing amazing things, but that looked like it hurt and his stunts will catch up to him one day.

Almost bought it on that one. Glad he's still alive. I watched that other video posted on here a hundred times. He's doing his thing and living his life, awsome.

So, what speeds do you think he reaches doing this? How fast when he hit? I watch these guys doing this and I cannot for the life of me comprehend how they take that first jump and race along mountaintops and skirt the ground with such ease...

I don't have what it takes, and that's just fine, thank you very much :laugh:

what a rush....glad he wasnt hurt too bad.

Looks like he had target fixation:laugh: The black balloon was too low.:whistle:

Hope he is ok

That song and lyrics seem to go well with that vid :whistle:

Better luck on the next jump :thumbsup:

He lived. He was probably doing about 100mph when he hit the rock (with his foot it looks like). If he hadn't got his parachute out, he'd be dead. Don't yet know extent of injuries, but I expect he hurts. Time to take a long hard self-examination. As Stoner said to Rossi, "Your ambition outweighed your skills" that day....

I've done a few wingsuit jumps, but not BASE or near fixed objects. It wasn't very fun and the suit is very restrictive to get to your handles/pilot chute. If you'll notice, he's got about 6 inches worth of arm movement to dump his pilot chute (and that ain't squat) and got a line twist when his deployment bag came out. That line twist, when done in a skydive, can put you into a spin that requires full arm motion to get out of (and he woudn't have had it).

Jeb keep living- you are by far my favorite DareDevil of this century- Love it- Godspeed on your recovery- looking forward to the next one- and I KNOW there WILL be a next one

Just read an article on the incident...looks like he'll be getting charges filed against him and fines leveled for doing this without a permit :laugh:

Come on, I think he paid for this one... :poke:

Wow! Just Wow!

I agree with VaBusa, leave the poor chump alone and let him heal. He has paid a huge price already!

Just read an article on the incident...looks like he'll be getting charges filed against him and fines leveled for doing this without a permit :laugh:

Come on, I think he paid for this one... :poke:

That's all CYA because they don't want a bunch of other, less-qualified wannabe wingsuit flyers trying same...

So, what speeds do you think he reaches doing this? How fast when he hit? .......
He did a phone interview this morning on Good Morning America. They said it happened back in January and he spent five weeks in the hospital with multiple broken bones through out both legs. They said speed was 120mph! ouch!

He said the only reason he was getting better is so he could jump again.

I'm afraid he's gonna let the hype go to his head, and eventually make a mistake he can't take back....

Back