Its Absolut and juice tonight

Where do you "legally" obtain absinthe?? Or are we talking about the REAL absinthe. I've wanted to try it, but the DEA has it on the contraband, can not ship/buy list.
That's not true. The situation is complex, but it is not now, now was it ever, considered a scheduled substance by the DEA. The 1912 absinthe ban predates the DEA by sixty years. The regulations were through the FDA due to food additive and purity laws that were becoming prevalent in the early 20th century.

Since 2007, the FDA has placed regulations on various levels of chemical content (FDA-reg), and the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) insists on other regulatory measures (labels/standards/GCMS testing), but it is NOT a scheduled/controlled substance. If you live in a state where you can legally ship and receive liquor through the post you can buy it online at any of a number of web sites that specialize in it.

If you have any questions about how to get it or what brands to look for I can help you out, I've been buying and importing it for years. Customs rarely bothers it. I used to have to go through my friends who live on the other side of the Atlantic, but it's been a lot easier since the 2007 law change. If you really want to try it, and have $50-100 to spend on a bottle of liquor, you can be drinking one of the historical brands reminiscent of the absinthe being produced by Pernod or C.F. Berger in the 19th century before the end of the month.

The "recipes" you see on the internet involving wormwood and vodka are not absinthe and a lot of them are poisonous. You can't get absinthe by soaking wormwood in vodka any more than you can get Scotch by soaking barley in Everclear. Absinthe is a distilled liquor like gin or rum, not a macerated liqueur like Cointreau or Amaretto.

Started in on Jack & Coke here a few minutes ago.

--Wag--

Blue Moon with a slice of orange and a shot of blueberry stoli, sets a good mood for me

growin up on the East Side of Milwaukee, i found that home-grown remedies can be great at curing all kinds of 'aliments'
cool.gif

gotta make a run for some Cubanos homes-all natural ingredients is always best
firedevil.gif

miler lite oh wait i have to drink that cause of my job hahaah

But jack is the way to go or even coors if lycan has anything to do with it and no more hooch i tend to wreck fitties

Back