it's a gsxr everything, I want one of these super bikes.

Yeah I seen that scam on my local CL as well. Thought about posting the magical gixxer that can change from a 1000 to a 750 then to a 600 with a push of a button:rofl:

Don't you guys think this is a legitimate ad? 1,800 is a little high, but I'd be willing to go 1,700.

I have been marking that as SPAM for almost two months. Shows up in Atlanta, Bham, Nashville, Knox, Chatt, Louisville, St Louis, on and on and on. Can't believe they don't have any filters to keep from being re-posted.

Unlike the Gen2 Busa, the 2007 GSXR 1000's mode switch does actually change the available CC's using a unique method - In Mode A, all 1000cc's are available, in Mode B, the bike throws a rod in one cylinder, effectively reducing the cc's to 750. In mode C, it throws a rod in a second cylinder bringing the available cc's to 500 (Suzuki marketing rounds that up to 600). The only draw back is that each mode switch can only be used once. Once you are in Mode C, that's it. :banghead:

By the way, the helmet with the plastic Mohawk is well worth the $1,800 asking price IMO. :laugh:

You said it all before I could so I'm going to offer a second option as to how it works:

You know how GM has the V8-V4 mode? Active fuel management? THAT's how this baby works. It shuts off fuel to the other cylinder(s) when selected. Who needs upper lubrication though? NOT SUZUKI!! With the nikasil coating coming off on each stroke it broadens the ............................ I'm done, that's pure hokum. SoCal Blur, you win this one. :bowdown:

Unlike the Gen2 Busa, the 2007 GSXR 1000's mode switch does actually change the available CC's using a unique method - In Mode A, all 1000cc's are available, in Mode B, the bike throws a rod in one cylinder, effectively reducing the cc's to 750. In mode C, it throws a rod in a second cylinder bringing the available cc's to 500 (Suzuki marketing rounds that up to 600). The only draw back is that each mode switch can only be used once. Once you are in Mode C, that's it. :banghead:

By the way, the helmet with the plastic Mohawk is well worth the $1,800 asking price IMO. :laugh:

The first give away is the black 07 GSXR1000. There were no black GSXR1000s sold in the US in 2007. That particular bike is an 08.

There are actually people who bite onto that scam. I remember here on this site some years back where a guy thought he bought a fancy Harley for $3,400. Sent the money and never heard a peep out of the seller after the money was sent.

The first give away is the black 07 GSXR1000. There were no black GSXR1000s sold in the US in 2007. That particular bike is an 08.

There are actually people who bite onto that scam. I remember here on this site some years back where a guy thought he bought a fancy Harley for $3,400. Sent the money and never heard a peep out of the seller after the money was sent.
I guess if ur that stupid you deserve to be scammed.

Back