It started the same thing all over again.

OB_Big Ed

Registered
I had the recalls done on my bike at about 6000 mile. It cured the cut offs and the violent surging when I would wack the throttle opened in first gear.
Well yesterday it started the surging again when I went to stand the bike up. It hasn’t cut out yet but I have that sinking feeling.
I know some of you have had this reoccurrence also and what I want to know is weather Suzuki will fix it again under the warrantee?

Save yourself the trouble and do the work yourself. It takes only a few hours, and that way you'll be sure to avoid crushed o-rings, pinched wires, crap still floating in your tank, screens left clogged, etc. I can give you a list of things to check / clean that I did while fixing mine, and the PCII induced stutter aside (this weekends project), it has never run better.

Just curious, Has any one tried any of those specialized fuel injection cleaners processes or the specialized tank cleaning and sealing kits. From what I've heard about your cutoff problems I think there is type on film or coating on the inside of your gas tanks that is causing the problems. Constantly changing/cleaning the filters is like a bandaid. Has anyone had the meterial in the filters analyzed, if not why don't you guys chip in and do so. Just curious.

Koz

dont be intimidated by this sucker , ive gotten to the point where i can have my pump housing out/apart/cleaned/toghter/and reinstalled within 30-45 minutes . you dont need to remove the tank but get some hemostats or someting to block off both fuel lines or youll dump alot of gas .
its that little screen at the regulator that screwed me .
listen to motorhead , my bike would have went to a dealer if i hadnt called him and listened to his advice.
good luck ed !! <CRAZY BILL>

There are a couple of rubber caps, to block tank fittings. They are supplied by OEM, and are located on top of rear fender, right side, under passenger seat. I've had bike for year, and didn't even know about them, till I read shop manual. I've never seen anyone else mention them on web sites. You may not HAVE to remove tank, but job is alot easier, with it out of the way. ............................ ...The petcock on mine did not have a handle, so I cut a slot, to be able to turn it to "off" position.

I have said many times the service bulletins did not call for the replacement of the strainer between the fuel pump and pressure regulator.

Mine was pluged almost solid months ago, a diet of Red Line injhector cleaner and the addition of quick release hose fittings are next.

Thanks for the advice guy.
I can’t fined anyone around hear that has Redline, How about STP Fuel Injection Cleaner?

Back