Isle of Mann Old Pics

sixpack577

Top Gun
Donating Member
Registered
My Ma is from Northern Ireland.
She moved to The Isle of Mann in 1966, and lived there until 1971, one of her sisters went with her.
They did today's equivalent of a Business Management Apprenticeship Program
The 2 of them and 3 or 4 of their friends there ran a hotel(it's no longer there, it burned down years later) they used to ride with the TT Racers every spring, as the hotel hosted many of them, and they came back every year.
They also rode regularly with the locals throughout the year.
These are a few pictures, My Ma says she thinks they are from '67 or '68, but could be up to '71, maybe someone can tell by the bikes.
The loan race pic is from the TT.
One of my uncles was here a few years ago and she gave him photo albums to take what he wanted.
He must have the rest of these photos, with more from the TT, as my Ma took and had more pictures than this.
I may be able to take clearer pics, but this is them.
I get my hoonin from my Ma(and Dad, but he only does 4 wheels, lol)

20211022_190525.jpg

20211022_190600.jpg

20211022_190624.jpg

20211022_190540.jpg

20211022_190641.jpg

She moved to The Isle of Mann in 1966, and lived there until 1971, one of her sisters went with her.
The 2 of them and 3 or 4 of their friends there ran a hotel(it's no longer there, it burned down years later) they used to ride with the TT Racers every spring, as the hotel hosted many of them, and they came back every year.
These are a few pictures, My Ma says she thinks they are from '67 or '68, but could be up to '71, maybe someone can tell by the bikes.
One of my uncles was here a few years ago and she gave him photo albums to take what he wanted.
He must have the rest of these photos, with more from the TT, as my Ma took and had more pictures than this.

View attachment 1642739

View attachment 1642740

View attachment 1642741

View attachment 1642742

View attachment 1642743
Priceless pictures....

View attachment 1642739

View attachment 1642740

View attachment 1642741

View attachment 1642742

View attachment 1642743
The licence plate F Suffix Motorcycle is a 1968
D suffix is 1966 model bike

Back