Isle Of Man TT.

newman

Registered
The Isle Of Man TT starts in the UK on the 27th of May at 21.00 UK time.
These are daily highlights shows on ITV4.

There's a few build up shows, then the racing starts on 30th.

Now over here we have a television station called ITV, and on their web site there is a thing called ITV Player Where you can catch up on programs you missed.
It's at www itv.com.

Now it is not available abroad, but their is ways around it.
So if anyone is interested they could give it a go.

Just thought I'd put it out there.

I would like to go there one day.

From where I live.

It's about 306 miles on the road to Heysham.
Then 73 miles on the ferry.

Or 264 miles to Liverpool.
Then 92 miles on the ferry.

It will be broadcast all week long on Velocity. Same day race coverage in their entirety too!
Won't be live but Velocity is going to have some really good coverage this year.

Isle of Man TT-that's where Boys become Men, and Men become Immortals!!
best racing on the planet done there...I wish the US would copy-cat more of the Euro Racing formats *cough* WRC!!! F-1!!! DTM!!! *cough* and stop wasting all our time trying to recreate goofy british comedies *sigh* Yes, The Office is Closed, now find something else to watch!:poke:

I still think we should get a group and go one year... like next year :cool:

It will be broadcast all week long on Velocity. Same day race coverage in their entirety too!
Won't be live but Velocity is going to have some really good coverage this year.

Hmmm.... I looked for it on my DVR (Time Warner) but I don't see it that week on Velocity.

I am SOO down for this Idea. Just to watch it Live would be So worth the Expense !!

My 2 Cents !! Robert

With a good bit of planning and routing, I suspect we can make it affordable. The biggest challenge would be coordinating a place to stay at IOM, travel there could be pretty easily arranged. Flights into any number of places, then train to the port and ferry over. If there's enough interest to make it feasible, we could easily figure it out. I have previously looking into going and found you have to plan it and book accommodations on the IOM long in advance, like now for next year basically.

When last I looked into it Manchester or Dublin were the two easiest places to fly into, train over to the coast and catch the ferry. The reality is that flights to London are cheaper usually and much easier to schedule. Train costs could be more from London but when I looked into flights to the IOM from Dublin or London, they were pretty high too. Its also London City, so sorta out of the way as far as transfers go :laugh:

Like I said, if we can get enough interest it would certainly be worth doing. I could coordinate it or help with it I guess, I do travel for a living and can try to find some deals most likely. Honestly if I was going I would fly to London, stay a night or two, do the tourist thing get on the right sleep schedule and then fly over to IOM for a few days for the race, then either out via Dublin or back through London.

TODAY AT 10PM EASTERN IS THE SUPERBIKE RACE....

Alert alert alert

10pm TONIGHT IS THE SUPERBIKE RACE!!!!!!

ON VELOCITY

Back