Is this a good price?

thumb_up.gif

If it is in good condition..not a bad price.  

Hard to find a Busa for that range that has not been a salvage title.
Never thought to ask that! He said that it had never been down and I couldn't fund any evidence of it being down.
If its been repainted there's a good chance its been down. Also in some states you can't get full coverage on a salvage titled bike. Check the steering lock/stop on the front frame tube/steering head area. If the bikes been down alot of times the forks get slammed to one side or another hard enough to scar up/bend, or even break the metal tab on the frame itself, or even the lower triple tree. Alot of folks never check that.....its the first thing I look for
winkold.gif

Never thought to ask that! He said that it had never been down and I couldn't fund any evidence of it being down.
If its been repainted there's a good chance its been down. Also in some states you can't get full coverage on a salvage titled bike. Check the steering lock/stop on the front frame tube/steering head area. If the bikes been down alot of times the forks get slammed to one side or another hard enough to scar up/bend, or even break the metal tab on the frame itself, or even the lower triple tree. Alot of folks never check that.....its the first thing I look for  
winkold.gif
I called the guy this evening and he confirmed it has a clear title, not rebuilt or salvage. I would have walked if it was. I did check the steering locks today and they are straight and in check. That's one thing I did know to look for.
Thanks, buffy

Be very carefull. A friend of mine baught an 06 busa from a dealer, with that same storyline ...Think about it ! 1200 miles and you just now figured out that the bike is too much for you ? That bike has accident written all over it ! Here is what you do : take all fairings of and take a look at EVERYTHING. Him beeing the second owner and wanting to sell it after another 4000 miles
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
??? Buying a used bike takes a skilled rider/mechanic. Go over it with somebody you know , that has expirience . Then and only then if everything checks out, it's a safe deal ( not necessary a good one ).
Bought my '05 with 1242 miles on it for $8K in Feb '06, it had not been wrecked. There are deals on them out there.

I think the price is fair and as long as you can check it over and possibly test ride it I think you'll be fine.

rock.gif

winkold.gif
I called the guy this evening and he confirmed it has a clear title, not rebuilt or salvage. I would have walked if it was. I did check the steering locks today and they are straight and in check. That's one thing I did know to look for.
Thanks, buffy
In that case it sounds like a very good deal. I'd pick it up
winkold.gif
And I agree you can prolly ride it for a year and get your money back...or close
thumb_up.gif

winkold.gif

Back