Is this a good deal?

Well, it is cheaper then 8 major motorcycle sites I just researched for you. So I'd say it's a good deal. But have you called around to see if any of the board sponsors are willing to match or beat it?

I pay that much for one, so yes I would say that is a good deal.:thumbsup:

Well, it is cheaper then 8 major motorcycle sites I just researched for you. So I'd say it's a good deal. But have you called around to see if any of the board sponsors are willing to match or beat it?

Not yet but I will for sure. I just stumbled upon them searching eBay for bt016 and saw they were our sizes.

If you include your shipping cost, that is what I paid for mine and that is a nice deal. It is an amazing tire for aggressive cornering grip and it wares pretty good on the center tread. I am cornering a lot harder due to this tire.

I also suggest you see if they will sell you a 190/55 rear. It is ~10mm higher than stock 190/50 so it turns in a lot quicker and gives a larger contact patch on corners. No sh!t- you will feel the dif immediately high speed or low speed cornering so be careful until you get used to it.

Buy 'em and enjoy 'em.

Last edited:
Last time I bought tires online, I found out after the fact that I could have bought the same tires from a local shop, and it included the mounting/balancing
But I had to pay to have my tires mounted AND had to wait for them to be delivered

All I'm saying is, just consider total cost.
If you don't have someone to mount them for you, or do it yourself, you're going to have a pay a shop to put them on.
Some shops might be willing to match the online price +shipping
As long as they aren't taking a loss on the tires

Those are nice tires, you'll like them.

Good point. I did have to pay more for mounting because I did not purchase from the stealership that mounted my tires. They they went and scratched the edges all around on both rims. @$$holes. I never have them do anything on my bikes but I didn't trust myself to mounting tires --- because I was afraid I would damage the rim taking the tire off!:rofl: :banghead:

After all was aid and done, I saved $50. fity bucks is fity bucks.

Last edited:
So I was checking the local dealer where I got my Busa and the set of BT016 tires are 110 front and 152 rear,

That's 262. :cheerleader: Which is just a few bucks more when you add shipping to the eBay dealer.

Would you guys spend the 102 and have the dealer do the removal, mount and balance, then re-install.

Or remove wheels and take them in to have them just do the mount and balancing.

I'm sure you know how well you can trust your shop but personally, the less I leave to my guy the better.

I took my wheels off and brought them in. That still cost me $73. There would have been an additional fee of ~$5/ tire for disposal. I kept the old ones thinking I could dispose for free at the city dump but I hear that will cost me $5/tire just like the shop was charging.

....so if your guy's fee for mounting and balancing is similar to mine, looks like ~$25 to let them remove and reinstall the old wheels. That's certainly worth it if you don't really care to do that yourself.

Last edited:
So I was checking the local dealer where I got my Busa and the set of BT016 tires are 110 front and 152 rear,

That's 262. :cheerleader: Which is just a few bucks more when you add shipping to the eBay dealer.

Would you guys spend the 102 and have the dealer do the removal, mount and balance, then re-install.

Or remove wheels and take them in to have them just do the mount and balancing.

I do my own, but it's cheaper if you just take the wheels in. :laugh:

I do my own, but it's cheaper if you just take the wheels in. :laugh:

+1

Don't go to the dealership
Go to a bike shop, some place that specializes in imports would be best, if you have one.
Ask other people you know with sport bikes, where they go.
Dealerships are a joke.

Then just take your wheels off, put them in your car/truck and drive them over.
If you have a local bike forum like we do here ( louisvillesportbikes.com ), they may have a site sponsor that'd be willing to cut you a deal.

I used to buy all my tires online, car and bike.
But now that I've found some good shops, I save money buying locally.
I get warranties on the tread, and still costs me less in the long run than saving 10-20 bucks buying online and having to maintain them myself.

I got my car tires from Pepboys with the road hazard warranty, and got one of the tires free, which saved me $100.
and if I want to rotate my tires, but its raining or snowing, well I just drive down the street, and make them do it for me.
They plug the tires if when I pick up nails, included hehe
If one blows out, they replace it, or pro-rate me a new one if the tread is low.

Well I'm sure you get the point.
If you could mount and balance your own tires, hell just buy them online and do it yourself.
But if you can't, a good local bike shop is awesome.
Going to the dealer is just screwing yourself, that's why we call them "stealerships" LOL

+1

Don't go to the dealership
Go to a bike shop, some place that specializes in imports would be best, if you have one.
Ask other people you know with sport bikes, where they go.
Dealerships are a joke.

Then just take your wheels off, put them in your car/truck and drive them over.
If you have a local bike forum like we do here ( louisvillesportbikes.com ), they may have a site sponsor that'd be willing to cut you a deal.

I used to buy all my tires online, car and bike.
But now that I've found some good shops, I save money buying locally.
I get warranties on the tread, and still costs me less in the long run than saving 10-20 bucks buying online and having to maintain them myself.

I got my car tires from Pepboys with the road hazard warranty, and got one of the tires free, which saved me $100.
and if I want to rotate my tires, but its raining or snowing, well I just drive down the street, and make them do it for me.
They plug the tires if when I pick up nails, included hehe
If one blows out, they replace it, or pro-rate me a new one if the tread is low.

Well I'm sure you get the point.
If you could mount and balance your own tires, hell just buy them online and do it yourself.
But if you can't, a good local bike shop is awesome.
Going to the dealer is just screwing yourself, that's why we call them "stealerships" LOL

Thanks man, I'll check out some local dudes and see what's up.

BTW, Nice Avatar.:thumbsup:

Thanks man, I'll check out some local dudes and see what's up.

BTW, Nice Avatar.:thumbsup:

LOL thanks
dam near fell out of that thing trying to get that shot
it doesn't move fast enough to hold you on at that kind of angle

Last edited:
+1 on crumby dealership work. I hear 10 horror stories for every positive comment about dealerships doing work on bikes. I have found this to be true and that's why i stay TF away. Only if I hear good feedback would I be bringing a bike to a stealer for service. I am afraid they will do something that will get me killed not to mention what they might do to the bike. So many stories of bikes that were dropped over and scratched and nothing even said to the customer. Those mechanics are under pressure to do their work faster than they should for guys who routinely do 100+ mph.

Back