Is the busa for me?

Juli and I can do all day trips on the busa with no issues. I dont have risers but have a tobin seat. We have been talking about getting a different rear seat with back rest. She kinked her back at the last Eureka meet.

Wow, great feedback everyone.

The concours 14 is a beautiful bike. Once the fire of sport bike riding has gone out, this will be my bike. But, I'd like to think I still have many more years of sport riding left in me. Doing 600 mile days on a ss isn't a problem for me aside from a little stiffness that usually goes away with a quick coffee break. So I think the busa would be a step up in comfort.

Thanks for the feedback. Lots to consider. :beerchug:
So you going to get that zx14 or what? You know you want one :laugh: It IS way more comfy for us tall guys than the busa, and is pretty much equal in every other area, except it has worlds better brakes and is quite abit smoother running. Take one for a test ride and decide for yourself....or at least sit on one for awhile somewhere :thumbsup:
You don't always have to go along with the crowd to be cool :laugh:

My busa is the best bike and most comfortable bike I have ever ridden. When I bought her she was set up for touring with a huge windscreen, an inch genmar handle bar riser, and a center stand. I ripped all that stuff off to make it feel more like a sport bike again. I honestly enjoyed riding her both ways. Buy the Busa and never look back my friend

Howdy guys and gals

I'm on the hunt for my next bike and from all my research, I keep coming back to the busa.

Me: late 30's, 6'4, 215lbs
Riding style: 80% touring 20% aggressive.
I'm trying to eliminate the aggressive driving off the street and leave it at the track, but it's hard to fight temptation when staring down that long, empty, twisty road. But I'm trying.

What I'm looking for in a bike. In no particular order.

1. Power on tap. When I get the "need for speed" I would like to have that insane power on tap

2. Confort for touring. Solo and 2up. I tend to do a lot of 600 mile day trips and being tall, I need a bike that won't leave feeling like a pretzel at the end of the day.

3. Reliability. Nothing I've researched on the busa has sent me running for this hills, so I'm thinking the busa is a pretty reliable bike.

Ever since the GenII came out, I've been eyeing this bike and I think I'm ready to make the purchase.

So is the busa for me?

Would love to hear some thoughts and suggestion.

Thanks everyone.

:welcome:
I'd say "Yes, the Busa is for you."

The only two things I did to add comfort were helibars and Corbin seat. The longest ride I've ever done was a little over 21 hours. I can do this over and over if I get the chance to do it.

Reliability....check out the pic below. I haven't had any engine trouble since the day I brought her home 3 years ago.

September 21st Ride 047.jpg

Take a close look at the Concours 14 if you are doing a lot of 600 mile days the shaft drive, Traction control maybe a plus, They come with heated grips, ABS model available and hard side bags and rack for the rear bag right off the floor and I have heard that they handle quite well.

You may want to do some comfort Mods for the Busa if you want to make it your Sport touring dream machine. Many members have done those mods if you run a search they have added hard or soft luggage racks, back rest, heated grips cruise control. guess the Love for the Busa comes from it's high marks in every category drag racing, land speed racing, cornering, sport touring. People here find a way to improve it's abilities in the category they favor most while holding on to those high marks in the other categories.

Back