Is my hayabusa running fine?? (Please notice my plug spark)

BikerBoyz

Registered
I just replace 4 New spark plugs

and I don't know

What used spark plug can tell??

Please notice my old spark plug and tell me about my healthy hayabusa??

SDC17309.jpg

SDC17312.jpg

the further pic
Please click
Used spark plug | Facebook

I'm going to guess??????

That is an "aftermarket exhaust plug, without excessive re-tuning" ?

Did I get it right?

Your original spark plug is NGK CR9E according to service book. (You can take a look at if you search for "service manual Gen 1" -one of them re-published by me also- on the bord for further information)

İt seem to me on the rich side also

How about your bike condition; air filter may be also dirty or worn out, you have to check it first. Also is your exaust stock, if not do you use smt. like power comander & did you re mapped your system (you have to if you have an after market exhaust system)

The four cycle engines the ideal air - fuel mixture is; 15 molecule O2 (air) for 1 molecule gasoline for efficient combustion therefore if your air filter element is dirty fuel(gasoline) cannot be efficiently ignited by the spark plugs.

Also if your exaust system is not stock and If there is not any unit such as "power commender" you can not remap your combustion & etc.

Finally, what is your fuel compsumption (mile/gal or km/lt) at 60-70 mph constant speed on the bike's computer screen?

Also your carburetter may be dirty and/or need to be syschronized.

Regards,

All instruments are stock

fuel compsumption is 12 km/liter at average (City used)

and also i used to make at 19.3km/liter (Clear way)

Fuel consumption values are close to mine (21 km/lt @ 100-110 km/h)
If I were you;

* first of all I change / or clean the air filter and test the consumtion again(in similar wheather conditions that you got your best in the past)
* If I do not satisfied by the result, then I purchase one set orginal spark plugs and test the consumption again.

I hope you'll see the positive difference on millage after the two steps. Therefore if this happens as I estimate, your spark plugs colour should be light brown as shown in hand book or user manual.

the porcelin on the plug is what you read. as long as the tip inst burnt off
tan=good
white=lean
dark=rich

the porcelin on the plug is what you read. as long as the tip inst burnt off
tan=good
white=lean
dark=rich

The porcelain on his plug looks fine and shows that the plug heat range is in specification and no signs of too much ingnition advance is present.

The carbon build-up on the top of the plug and the plug threads are not bad, but they do indicate that at some point through the engine operating range, he is burning too much fuel.

From the factory, the Busa comes with IAP, CKP, TP as the main sensors, but there are also a number of compensation sensors which determines the length of an injection pulse. This is optimized at the factory. Once we change the pipes, half these sensors no longer work as they should in terms of compensating through the ECU. While pipes give more air through the motor, with a little more hp, the optimization is lost. Even with an aftermarket fuel injection device, such as bazzaz, or power-commander, it is impossible to restore the original combustion optimization.

The plug looks pretty normal for a bike with a set of aftermarket pipes, but I am guessing.

Back