Irish army overseas....

Always thought it odd that UN troops wear camoflage uniforms and bright blue hats/helmets, it seems to defeat the purpose of the camo I say.

Congrats on your Irish troops.

I'd like to come visit your rock someday if ya'll don't mind having me.

Kevin

<!--EDIT|Relsek
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145326702 -->

Awesome pics! Hope your boyos are home soon and safe!

looks like sierra leone... good on ya boys there! That is some THICK BUSH they are travelin and some nice augs! Irish army assigned with UN units in the jungle flying around in old Russian HIND gunships! What a combo!! I'll say a prayer for the safe return of your buddies!!
wink.gif

Freakin Lucky Bastids...

Carrying STYER AUGs.... Sweet Rifles, wish I could convince myself to get one, they are just so damned expensive here in the states... Sweet Rifles though.

Always thought it odd that UN troops wear camoflage uniforms and bright blue hats/helmets, it seems to defeat the purpose of the camo I say.

Congrats on your Irish troops.

I'd like to come visit your rock someday if ya'll don't mind having me.

Kevin
I've got to agree with you........... never understood myself.

Something I think I'll ask them........

So you're thinking about visiting our little rock........
cool.gif

Whether it be in a week, month, year, five years........

I'm sure I'll still be around this board........ look me up......
biggrin.gif

looks like sierra leone... good on ya boys there!  That is some THICK BUSH they are travelin and some nice augs!  Irish army assigned with UN units in the jungle flying around in old Russian HIND gunships!  What a combo!!  I'll say a prayer for the safe return of your buddies!!  
wink.gif
You hit the nail on the head..........sierra leone....... is where they are..

And you're dead right, its some combination.....

But thems  the rules... adapt, overcome, solve the problem..........get the result............

As I'm sure you well know............  
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|BUSA-MAN 24-7
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145400118 -->

wink.gif

Freakin Lucky Bastids...

Carrying STYER AUGs....   Sweet Rifles, wish I could convince myself to get one, they are just so damned expensive here in the states...  Sweet Rifles though.
Haven't had the chance to chat with ya much rev........

But somehow I know you having access to one of them rifles would be a little worrying............
tounge.gif

Ahhhh, Yes, Sierra Leone, Freetown (the Capital) has some of the Best Restaurants in East Africa. And the Coffee is WONDERFUL
coffee.gif
!!! Beaches are beautiful but the interior is kinda
wink.gif
HOT
AAAssjani.gif
and HUMID
sad.gif
. I did love my 3 years there though
biggrin.gif

have to say, I love the Aug`s. sweet rifle in my book and the Hind chopper is a nice touch, too bad its freakin white!!!! Look killer with forest camo paint.

The blue hats do say "aim here"

baby blue roll-up hats bought in bulk from walmarts and steyr augs? LOL!

have to say, I love the Aug`s. sweet rifle in my book and the Hind chopper is a nice touch, too bad its freakin white!!!! Look killer with forest camo paint.

The blue hats do say "aim here"
I can kind of understand the whole white vehicle and aircraft thing....

But the light blue headgear
rock.gif
.. I have to question also..

Some genius sitting at the desk somewhere obviously decided it was a good idea...

I am sure the boys over there... Hwo have to wear it and not too overenthusiastic about it....

To state the obvious......
it makes them pretty easy pickings for anybody who has a mind to...

You don't understand their mission, it's not to fight. Infact the UN Peacekeeping Forces will not go in areas under active conflict ! Both conflicting forces must first agree to disengage and the UN supports BOTH sides. The Peacekeeping Military forces are their for two purposes, 1: To maintain observations between both groups. 2: To take military action ONLY when UN Forces or Personnel are in Imminent Danger and no OTHER without the Security Councils PRIOR Approval (and DIS ain't Easy) !
cool.gif

If they find rebels that are unarmed, they can only question them (in a courtious and respectful manor
laugh.gif
) and let them go their way. Same with Government Troops, if they find them doing anything not allowed they are ONLY allowed to report the incident back to HQ (The Politicians so you know how far this goes) . Since the UN provides Food and Money for Both sides, their only real mission it to observe what each party is really doing !

And THAT'S LIFE guys in the BIG UN WORLD !

Back