introduction, story

Oncesomeone

Registered
Hello, everyone!

I've been lurking for quite a long time, but I thought it was finally time to introduce myself.
In short, I don't have a Hayabusa. But I want one, and I think I could be in a position to get one reasonably soon. I 've been lurking here, gathering information and mindset, while building on my enthusiasm for the machine.
Long story short: Dad always had a bike around, and I learned how to ride way back when. Then, I had a Yamaha Virago briefly and, more recently and for a longer period of time, a Kawasaki Vulcan.
- - -
Toward the end of _Law School Confidential_, there is a section in which the auther asks a partner a major law firm what the most memorable interview screw-ups he's been exposed to. I relate one of these only because I like to imagine the interviewee as a Hayabusa enthusiast, and not necessarily just a bird-watcher:

"I remember one interview recently, which I conducted in one of our firm's conference rooms on the seventeenth floor. I noticed that throughout the interview, the candidate kept fumbling my questions and looking over my shoulder as if he were not paying attention to me. Eventually, he stopped one of my questions in midsentence and asked me if the bird hunting outside our conference room window was, in fact, a peregrine falcon. In fact, it was a peregrine falcon (they nest on a nearby building), but I was left with the impression that this candidate wasn't interested enough to maintain his focus on the interview. It was a very strange exchange."

Have a nice evening. I'll be around.

Welcome in! Enjoy your stay! Get a Busa, enjoy the ride. There is nothing better really

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: "duh"|1085023402 -->

Glad to be here. You all have a lot of expertise among you. And some great ideas for mods as well!

I wonder what the future holds for the factory/stock Busa -- one year out, two years, three... I know one can wait one's life away, waiting for the newest, biggest, baddest, most comfortable, most functional, fastest, strongest, motorcycle, or computer for that matter, and I don't intend to do so, yet I wonder . . .

All best.

welcome
cool.gif

Welcome to the board.....

In regard to your story, perhaps the guy was a busa enthusiast who was thinking he'd rather be out on the busa than sitting in an interview..."why do I need a job when i have a busa??? Oh gas forgot about that lol

Welcome to the board. As far as waiting, as far as I know, the Busa has gone, more or less, unchanged since it,s introduction in 1999, except for the speedometer, and the 186mph limiter, which can easily be taken care of, so don,t wait any longer, remember, If your not on a Busa, you are BEHIND one!  
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|busa1300nut
Reason for Edit: None given...|1085104100 -->

Back