Interesting old guy...

You seem to keep going around on that hamster ball and politicizing each and every thread....

This thread is not in the politics section.....

This thread is about how the generations are changing and not necessarily for the better...sure there may be some politically driven overtones in this change but a lot of it is from the invent of social media and the change where both parents are working leaving kids to basically raise themselves...
We live in a politicized world... you can't avoid it, duck under it, or jump over it. You can ignore the Gorilla recording everything if you want to. That connection you have right now is listening to everything it can and tracking your media diet. This has become the new normal that will likely have an effect on individual social credit scores sooner than later. . You will be monitored on some level for the time being until a privacy revolution occurs where people can choose to isolate themselves electronically... or so I use to think.

Update to that statement... the evolving vaccine tech is now breaching privacy levels in some places. The AI that is already here is making huge advances is tracking, transforming, and bridging the gap between man and machine... transhumanism. This is what Elon and others have been mentioning and what he considers the biggest threat to our human existence and what it means to be human.

For much of the time segments that make up our lives we are being watched and it changes our behavior in ways that are complex and unnecessary. Most of the people that make up the newer generations don't pay much attention to any of that. The collective browser history we all have is a good look at what "they" think that we think is important enough to watch.

The fact that we are being monitored is a direct result of the political process. Who do you think approves the building of the NSA's data collection centers that cost hundreds of millions of dollars and breaches 4th A protections on a massive scale in this country? Behavioral change is being driven in many ways these days with new laws and new technologies as well as ethics and moral standards from the past that most of us want preserved into the future.

I am simply tying together as what I see is relevant to the conversation.

Personally... I like to dream about off planet exploration expeditions and leave this crazy mucked up world to those that thinks its their duty to rule over us. What do you think?

We live in a politicized world... you can't avoid it, duck under it, or jump over it. You can ignore the Gorilla recording everything if you want to. That connection you have right now is listening to everything it can and tracking your media diet. This has become the new normal that will likely have an effect on individual social credit scores sooner than later. . You will be monitored on some level for the time being until a privacy revolution occurs where people can choose to isolate themselves electronically... or so I use to think.

Update to that statement... the evolving vaccine tech is now breaching privacy levels in some places. The AI that is already here is making huge advances is tracking, transforming, and bridging the gap between man and machine... transhumanism. This is what Elon and others have been mentioning and what he considers the biggest threat to our human existence and what it means to be human.

For much of the time segments that make up our lives we are being watched and it changes our behavior in ways that are complex and unnecessary. Most of the people that make up the newer generations don't pay much attention to any of that. The collective browser history we all have is a good look at what "they" think that we think is important enough to watch.

The fact that we are being monitored is a direct result of the political process. Who do you think approves the building of the NSA's data collection centers that cost hundreds of millions of dollars and breaches 4th A protections on a massive scale in this country? Behavioral change is being driven in many ways these days with new laws and new technologies as well as ethics and moral standards from the past that most of us want preserved into the future.

I am simply tying together as what I see is relevant to the conversation.

Personally... I like to dream about off planet exploration expeditions and leave this crazy mucked up world to those that thinks its their duty to rule over us. What do you think?
I don't live in a politicized world, it's generally never spoken of around here and I like it like that...

If I were to worry about each and everything out there, I'd be even more crazy than I am now....

You seem to keep going around on that hamster ball and politicizing each and every thread....

This thread is not in the politics section.....

This thread is about how the generations are changing and not necessarily for the better...sure there may be some politically driven overtones in this change but a lot of it is from the invent of social media and the change where both parents are working leaving kids to basically raise themselves...
99% of kids can't raise themselves.

The many politicians in this county are going to find themselves in a predicament.

You can't escape it for long.... your taxes feed it. So, whether you like it or not... its relevant to everything.

Was talking to a neighbor today who sadly is dying of cancer yet is out walking every day with his walker...I see and talk to him often......

He used to own a big farm and worked hard his entire life..

He and I were talking weather...as a farmer he was always tracking weather and had a journal made which he told me about...and his memory is very sharp..

He remembered that 1954 was a weird year, it was very hot in April and cold in July where it rained almost the whole month then it was hot for the entire month of September...he recalls it was a chore to get his crops sorted out....

He said in 1961 there was very little snow all winter until March where we had feet of snow in a few days....he wasn't able to get in his fields until late April that year....

It was interesting to talk to him....

Was talking to a neighbor today who sadly is dying of cancer yet is out walking every day with his walker...I see and talk to him often......

He used to own a big farm and worked hard his entire life..

He and I were talking weather...as a farmer he was always tracking weather and had a journal made which he told me about...and his memory is very sharp..

He remembered that 1954 was a weird year, it was very hot in April and cold in July where it rained almost the whole month then it was hot for the entire month of September...he recalls it was a chore to get his crops sorted out....

He said in 1961 there was very little snow all winter until March where we had feet of snow in a few days....he wasn't able to get in his fields until late April that year....

It was interesting to talk to him....
Hi. I remember a snow stom that the snow stayed on the north side of the trees for 25 days. It was 0 to 10 degres for all that time. One day it was 17 and I had my coat open like it was hot.

I was talking to a Korean War vet today who said this generation coming up in his opinion is the "useless" generation...he was kind of a grumpy old cuss...made me like him right away.....

He said his grandkids and great grandkids are part of this useless group...

Some points he made to support his thoughts were:

Most don't have a clue how to change a flat tire or do basic maintenance on their vehicles
Most don't have a clue as to what to do in a crisis such as a flood or ice storm or even a prolonged power outage.
Most don't know how to do any basic maintenance around their homes including lawn care equipment

He did say hand them a phone or some other device and stand back though....but we are hurting for professional tradespersons so much they are importing them from other countries because this generation doesn't want to get their hands dirty
A lot of young people are deserving of his opinion, I understand why he has it. I'd like him to spend a little time in a rural, small town like I currently live in. The vast majority of young people around here could change your rear axle as easily as change your tire. Crisis, flood, or ice storm? They're out there, helping anyone who needs it. Maximum respect for teachers, the elderly, and law enforcement. It's beautiful.
I left the big city, St. Pete,Fl, at the age of 35. Everyone said I'd be back in 6 months. That was 34 years ago. Northeast Georgia is good living, and motorcycle heaven! When I saw Jason Aldean's video, he was singing about right here. 20 minutes to Blood Mountain! I'm staying right here. When Thelma Lou died, someone put this up at the 4 way stop. We don't have a traffic light.

thelma-lou.jpg

A lot of young people are deserving of his opinion, I understand why he has it. I'd like him to spend a little time in a rural, small town like I currently live in. The vast majority of young people around here could change your rear axle as easily as change your tire. Crisis, flood, or ice storm? They're out there, helping anyone who needs it. Maximum respect for teachers, the elderly, and law enforcement. It's beautiful.
I left the big city, St. Pete,Fl, at the age of 35. Everyone said I'd be back in 6 months. That was 34 years ago. Northeast Georgia is good living, and motorcycle heaven! When I saw Jason Aldean's video, he was singing about right here. 20 minutes to Blood Mountain! I'm staying right here. When Thelma Lou died, someone put this up at the 4 way stop. We don't have a traffic light.

View attachment 1669145
You are fortunate to live in such a place with these sorts of young people...I would say your situation is unique and not the norm..

I live near a small city (15,000 people) and most of the youth around here are not reflective of the youth you know....these ones don't have a clue about much other than what video game is best...there are a few who are savvy but they are the exception sadly.....

Hi. I remember a snow stom that the snow stayed on the north side of the trees for 25 days. It was 0 to 10 degres for all that time. One day it was 17 and I had my coat open like it was hot.
I remember as a kid we'd get snow storms from hell....howling winds, driving snow and lots of it....the same doesn't happen anymore....at one time my home town was the "mecca" for snowmobiling....these days the trails barely open due to lack of snow.....

It's not even worth owning a snowmobile (in my opinion) around here...

I remember as a kid we'd get snow storms from hell....howling winds, driving snow and lots of it....the same doesn't happen anymore....at one time my home town was the "mecca" for snowmobiling....these days the trails barely open due to lack of snow.....

It's not even worth owning a snowmobile (in my opinion) around here...
Hi. We have had up to 37 inches in one night. One time it showed 22 inches and I was driving up Rt 6 town of 100,000 people in my Chevy Sprint 70 MPH. Could not crash as the snow was plowed up on the side of the road 4 ft and the side streets were not passable.

Talked to one of my elderly neighbors who lives down the street, we were talking bikes and he said he started on a BSA when he he was young and rode mostly British bikes...once he bought his first Yamaha in the '70s, he was hooked and pretty much only had Yamahas ever since....

He had quite a few he said including an XS1100, XS850, SRX500-he gave this to his son and his son wrecked it within the first month of owning it....he wished he kept it as they are kind of rare....

He had a VMax bought new in '85 but sold it because he scared himself on it so bought a Venture which used the same motor only detuned....

His last Yamaha was a VStar1100, he gave up riding as he was getting too weak to hold it up after he reached his '80s...

He's seen my bike around and wondered who owned it...he said he could never ride a bike like that though even when he was young...

Back